Hittin' Reset: A Whole7 Experiment

Callan

Oh, cheesecake...

Goodness, there sure are a lot of amazing foods out there that are absolutely terrible for us, aren't there?

I definitely can feel my anxiety creeping back when I eat lots of garbage. It makes sense, of course. Good luck with your 15 days, sassy. Keep learning and you will do well! :)

Thanks, Callan! You've inspired me :) Honestly, I'm hoping my 15 days turn to 30 ;) This will be #4 for me if it does. 1 and 2 were amazing. 3 was derailed and very tough because I came down with infulenza and battled high fevers for a week and the only thing that passed my lips was a couple of hot toddies a day (hot tea, honey, ginger, cayenne pepper, lemon, and at night, brandy) and I've been struggling since to get control again. That was mid-January. I've had a week here and there but overall, I've lost the drive!

I LOVEEEEEEEEEE cheesecake

Ooooh me too! I had a craving around Thanksgiving but had just come off of Round 2 and was not feeling like indulging. The want for the cheesecake hasn't gone away so finally on Saturday I had some. OH IT WAS SO WORTH IT! So delicious and I enjoyed every morsel! Now I'm good and back on the wagon!

• 1 month later...

2/12/13

I've been writing 2012 still... Yikes!

Sleep: 10:30-6:30, followed by turning off the alarm and sleeping until 7:15. Oops.

M1: (8:15) digestive enzyme. Leftover pork (1.5 palms worth), arugula, fried ripe plantain. No discomfort at all. I seem to have trouble when I have two eggs or more. This is worth investigating (but I also have issues when I eat other things without eggs). But one egg is fine.

~10oz black, 1/2 decaf coffee @ 11am

M2 (1:00): salmon cakes (2), carrots and red bell peppers, bit of mayo and lime juice. Great!

M3 (3:50): 1 hard-boiled egg, cup of arugula, leftover mayo, green apple.

M4 (7:45): brussels sprouts and leftover meat sauce in the thermos.

M5 (10:00): I guess my dinner wasn't big enough! 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato with 1T sunflower butter. This was kinda gross!

This plan worked pretty well. Even though I was hungry at 10:30 or so, I was quite able to wait until 1pm to eat part of my lunch, and then 3:50pm to eat the other half. This strategy fits well with my schedule, as many of my colleagues have lunch during "prep time" from 1-2:20, and we also are allowed to eat between 3:45 and 4pm when the kids have snack. I think the key for me is to be flexible between those times. Sometimes I'm not hungry yet around 1 or 2pm, but I eat anyway because everyone else is... same goes for the snacktime period. In this instance, I packed a bunch of food and spread it out between these times, which felt natural to me.

I would have had dinner earlier if I could, but had to wait until I got home. I think, maybe, if I increased the volume of M3 (which was tiny), I would be able to make it home, eat a little later (8:15-8:30) and not need something around 10pm. Let's try that today!

Hi Callan. I stumbled across your post via a recent search and thought I'd share about the eggs. Have you considered checking if you have an allergy/sensitivity to eggs? I found out that I am even more sensitive to chicken eggs than I am to wheat. I have been using duck eggs (under duress at first but they really are exactly the same after all) with absolutely no ill effects. It may be worth doing the experiment.

Archived