Day 18 For REAL??

birdie

I'm on day 18 and woke up this morning excited to read my daily Whole30 email as I do every morning. Reading, reading, reading . . . get to the information about fish oil supplements, decide to check the supplements I've been taking and of course - SOY!!!!

I'm so angry at myself for not checking these to start off with and so angry at the food/supplement industry for putting crap into everything!

Supplements I've been taking:

Nature Made Fish Oil 1200 mg, 360 mg omega-3 + vitamin D 1000 iu (1 a day)

Nature Made CoQ10 100mg (1 a day)

Restart required? I am assuming yes. grrrrrrr . . . .

• Moderators

Maybe, maybe not. In a situation like this where you ate a small amount of soy as an oversight, I would like to say just keep going, but stop taking those supplements. If you are very sensitive to soy, even a small amount can be a trouble maker, but if you are not extremely sensitive, you probably would not notice a difference. I'd say keep going and if you don't feel good about your Whole30 progress by day 30, consider going for a Whole45 to give yourself more time.

Thanks Tom! Off to order compliant fish oil :) I already planned on making this longer than 30 days as my whole30 runs right into a Whole Life Challenge my crossfit box is participating in. At least relieved that it hasn't been a waste but even if the soy was a problem my habits are already improving. :)

Archived