Third Whole30 Attempt - This time I freaking finish! :)

Sarah Maren

Today marks the beginning of my THIRD Whole30 attempt since January 1st. I did AWESOME in my first attempt for 20 days. Then I ran my first half marathon at Disneyland and well, I really TRIED to stay compliant at Disneyland, but it just didn't work. Getting home it was hard to get back on the wagon, then I got sick, and so I started again about a week after returning home. I made it seven days before flying off the rails – again.

So here we are, another week of non-compliance gone and starting fresh on February 10th. I am going to write my meals here, as well as my victories and my inevitable defeats... whatever they may be. I know this works! I just need to change my mind about things a bit. I've lost 90 lbs over the last year, and this last 50 pounds just seems to be holding on for dear life. I have changed so many things about my life, it seems like now the REAL work is starting.

Over the past few days as I have really pondered on why I am having such a difficult time sticking to my Whole30 I had a bit of an epiphany - my last attempts were not done out of love, they were done because I don't like my body and I want to change it. Actually, that's not harsh enough - I HATE my body and want to change it. I am filled to the brim with regret for wasting my body and what feels like so much of my life. Hours of running and lifting hundreds of pounds of weights day in and day out haven't been done from the right place. So, I'm approaching this a bit differently. I am doing this because I love me. I love this body that gave me two awesome kids, can hold my handsome husband tight and that carries me around so I can work and play, This Whole30 is not about anger or disgust - this Whole30 is about love.

With that in mind – Here's Day One.

BREAKFAST

• Coffee with 1/4 cup coconut milk and dash of cinnamon x 2
  • 3 slices compliant bacon
  • 3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil with 2 tbsp coconut milk, 1/2 zucchini shredded and 5 cherry tomatoes seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic

PRE WORKOUT (7 mile run)

• One hard-boiled egg with 2 tbsp avocado

RUN FUEL

• Blueberry Muffin LaraBar

LUNCH

• Salad with Chicken thigh, cucumber, tomato, carrots, 1/2 avocado and sugar-free salsa
  • Steamed Sweat Potato with pasture butter

AFTERNOON SNACK W/ KIDDOS

• Banana and 1/4 fuji apple
  • hard-boiled egg

Feeling victorious about not eating the Pirates Booty they were eating

DINNER

• Roasted Chicken Leg and part of the thigh
  • 1 C roasted sweet potatoes with onion and mushroom
  • 1/2 C steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots

All in all... a good day one. Thanks to everyone for your support thus far - it is wildly appreciated. See you tomorrow!

I love your new mindset!

Congratulations on your successes so far; there were no failures in your first two attempts. After all, you would not have had the epiphanies you described here without them.

Sometimes we have to experience the "what not to do" to better understand how to succeed. As a child we sometimes have to learn what happens when we touch a hot stove to make sure it never happens again.

I absolutely love your reasoning. I think loving yourself and loving your body is one of the most imortant things you can do. After all if you don't love your body, why would you spend time and effort nourishing it. You're awesome and you can rock this. Good luck

Wow! Love this! :wub: I am starting my 3rd attempt since January officially on Tuesday. I'll be mostly compliant tomorrow but my son's birthday party is tomorrow night so I'll have a piece of cake and then dive right back in.

We have very similar stories I think. I'm right there with you on the self-hate thing. And all the running and lifting. Will you keep running? I have stopped since my last attempt at the whole30 and miss it. But my body feels a bit better. Not sure how that will go once the weather gets nice though . . .

Jtota, Yes I will keep running. I am doing 4-5 half marathons this year and am actively training for my next. I just got home from a 7 miler and set a new PR for my 10K so that's a nice feeling. :)

Thanks for the support guys! I really appreciate it. Losing as much weight as I have (I weighed in at 450+lbs once upon a time) I've come to realize what a crazy head game all of this is. So - learning to heal my heart and my head is just as big a deal (if not bigger) than healing my gut. :)

DAY TWO

Started the morning off at 5:30am with my 2 year old climbing into bed and tell us how hungry he was. If the kid would eat dinner he wouldn't be starving at 5:30 in the morning. But he just can't seem to grasp that concept. Besides being awoken when I wasn't quite ready, today hasn't been too bad. Slight headache when I woke up, feeling super thirsty despite drinking my weight in water yesterday. Weighed in this morning as I forgot to yesterday and well... I kinda wanted to cry. All my work from previous Whole30 attempts gone. Talk about starting at square one.

BREAKFAST:

• Coffee with 1/4C coconut milk and dash of cinnamon
  • 3 eggs scrambled with coconut milk, 1/2 shredded zucchini, 5 cherry tomatoes and 1/2 an avocado. Cooked in 1/2 tbsp coconut oil

LUNCH/POST WORKOUT:

Workout: 2.5 mile incline intervals run and 30 minutes weights

• Leftover Roasted Chicken and sweet potatoes with onions and mushrooms
  • 6 strawberries
  • Gingerberry Kombucha

AFTERNOON SNACK (I really need to stop this!)

• Banana and 4 strawberries. When I bought the strawberries, I didn't think they would be so good. They are. :huh:

DINNER:

• NomNom Paleo Cauliflower "Rice" w/o the bacon and egg part
  • "Chinese Food" as my daughter calls it. Chicken thighs sauted with onion, garlic, yellow and red peppers and ginger in coconut oil with coconut aminos, fish sauce and coconut vinegar. YUM!

DAY THREE

PRE WORKOUT MEAL:

• Coffee with 1/4C coconut milk and dash of cinnamon
  • Hard boiled egg
  • 2 Tbsp Avacado

Today's workout: 3.4 miles run and lifting with the personal trainer

BREAKFAST

• 2 eggs fried in ghee
  • 1/2 sweet potato shredded and fried in ghee
  • 1/2 avacado
  • 2 strawberries and 1/2 banana
  • coffee w/ 1/4C coconut milk

Took a nap today about 11:30am. The Toddler got into bed with us at 2am and my rest was fitful at best after that. Then I was up at 4:15 to get over to the gym and get my run and lifting in. After that, home to eat and shower then off to The Kiddos 1st grade class to work for a couple hours. Tried to get some of my own work done when I got home but couldn't keep my eyes open. Woke up REALLY hungry and was super glad the pulled pork was ready to go.

LUNCH

• 8 black olives
  • Leftover Cauliflower "fried rice"
  • 1/2 sweet potato
  • NomNom Paleo Kahlua Pork
  • Tbsp Salsa

SHOPPING SNACK

• Banana Nut LaraBar
  • Gingerberry Kombucha

​I'm not sure why I ate this! Wasn't terribly hungry, I think I just liked the idea of eating something as I toddled around Whole Foods and cursed whoever keeps clearing them out of Coconut Milk.

CLEANING UP THE KITCHEN AND HELPING KIDDO WITH HOMEWORK SNACK:

• Banana
  • 6 Black Olives
  • tsp of almond butter

The snacking today is outta control. I think I should have eaten a bit bigger lunch.

DINNER

• Roasted Spaghetti Squash
  • Semi-homemade pasta sauce (Cucina Antica Tomato Basil with chopped zucchini, mushrooms, and a 50/50 ground beef/pork mixture)
  • 3 Strawberries

I'm glad the box of strawberries got eaten by everyone today. Those were tempting little things! Today was pretty good in that I got a great workout and stuck to the food part of my plan. The snacking was a bit much and I plan to pay closer attention to that tomorrow. I have inflammation issues in my left leg, and tonight it is bigger than it's been in some time. I find that really interesting as I didn't add salt to anything today, wasn't at my desk too much and got in a lot of walking throughout the day. Normally these things keep the swelling down, but not today. I fear I'm going to have to take a water pill tonight since it's starting to hurt. Hopefully it will stay down with the better eating. We shall see. :)

DAY FOUR

Woke up early this morning even though it's not an early gym morning. Took the time to get some work done before the kids and husband wake up. Wednesdays are hard days for me because I don't have child care for the Toddler on Wednesdays so I have a slightly insane 2 year old running around me at all times. Hopefully today I will get some meal planning done, put some meat in the freezer that has been waiting to be broken into smaller amounts and get a 4 mile run in. The run will probably be on a treadmill at the gym because I hate running with a stroller more than I hate running on a treadmill... but we shall see. My legs are less swollen today, mostly because I took a water pill last night. I won't be adding salt to anything today and see how that helps.

BREAKFAST

• 2 cups of coffee with 1/4C coconut milk and a dash of cinnamon
  • leftover spaghetti squash and kahlua pork sort of made into a pancake and pan fried
  • 2 eggs fried in coconut oil

LUNCH

• 1/2 banana (thanks Toddler!)
  • 1/3lb ground beef with shredded zucchini cooked in ghee
  • Salad with romaine, carrots, cucumbers, red cabbage, black olives, dried cranberries,1/2 avocado and 2 tbsp salsa.
  • Green tea

Went on a walk with the Toddler in the stroller. Only got in 3 miles before it was time to pick up the Kiddo from school. I was going to have us go the long way home, but I forgot tomorrow is Valentine's Day and we are SO not prepared. Off to the store since the ones I was going to download and print aren't online anymore. Man, I really should have taken more graphic design classes in college. Also my sugar dragon is out in force today. Grateful I don't work with other people so there isn't valentines candy all over the place. That would be brutal.

DINNER

• 2 grilled Chicken Legs
  • 20 spears of asparagus grilled in coconut oil
  • iced green tea
  • 1/2 banana and 1/4C frozen blueberries

Today was a good one. Had some serious sugar cravings, but was able to manage for the most part. My leg is crazy swollen again and I've broken out like a teenager... which is SUPER not normal for me. I find it interesting that I didn't have any of this when I was on my initial Whole30 attempt. Interesting stuff.

DAY FIVE

Happy Valentine's Day! This morning I was Super Mom and made homemade pancakes (the regular kind) for the kiddos and husband when I got home from the gym. Seriously, I LOVE pancakes and I didn't even lick my fingers. I feel like a total paleo badass thanks to all that self control. :D

PRE-WORKOUT MEAL:

• Hard boiled egg
  • Coffee with 1/4 C coconut milk and cinnamon

Today's workout: 5K run and HEAVY lifting with the trainer.

BREAKFAST:

• Coffee with 1/4C coconut milk and cinnamon
  • 3 eggs scrambled with coconut milk, 1C Super Greens and 1/2 zucchini shredded. Cooked in coconut oil.
  • 1/4 lb homemade Italian sausage

LUNCH:

• Romaine lettuce salad with carrots, cucumbers, black olives and salsa
  • 1 C Kahlua Pork
  • 2 tbsp almond butter
  • 1 fuji apple

I am crazy proud of how I did not snack today! Had a few times where I thought about grabbing something, but listened to how unhungry my body was and didn't eat. Had a cup of green tea around 4 and that made me feel great.

DINNER:

• Bowl of Thai Curry Beef and Veggies
  • 1/2 Banana

DAY SIX

The Toddler was up at 5am today. Good thing he's cute. I am happy I went to bed early last night. Today is supposed to be my sleep in day, but apparently he had other plans.

My legs are finally not swollen this morning! HOORAY! Hopefully a step in the right direction.

BREAKFAST:

• 2 cups Coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon
  • 2 eggs scrambled with coconut milk
  • 1 C super greens wilted with Italian sausage and spaghetti squash
  • 1/2 avocado

Took a brisk 3 mile walk after dropping The Kiddo off at school. Felt lovely to be out in this beautiful weather!

LUNCH:

• Grilled Chicken Salad with Salsa and Avocado and lots of lime juice
  • Cherry Pie LaraBar

Went out to lunch with friends today and was able to get a delightful salad. Ate a LaraBar on the way so I would be okay if we didn't find something for me to eat. Was so pleased with how accommodating the restaurant was. A lovely lunch for sure!

SNACK:

• Banana

DATE NIGHT DINNER W/ THE HUBS:

• Salad with onion, beets, cucumber, and EVOO Vinaigrette
  • Delightful Turkish Lamb and Veggie Stew I wish I could remember what it was called!

The hubs and I went to dinner and a movie tonight and it was SUCH a success! We went to a local Turkish place and had great dinners. Even though they brought me my dish covered in cheese they were happy to replace it as it didn't mention cheese on the menu. I REALLY have to get better about asking about that kind of stuff when we eat out. Then we headed to the movies and weren't even tempted by the popcorn and soda. I was really proud of my husband because he isn't Paleo except for at dinner time (because that's what I cook!) and he could have totally had a snack and he didn't. What a nice boy!

SNACK

• Banana with tbsp almond butter

I have stayed up too late and gotten the munchies. Now off to bed! Big workout early tomorrow morning.

DAY SEVEN

Woke up feeling energetic this morning. It's been a while since that happened. I have a busy Saturday ahead of me with a trip to the gym, a photo shoot and helping my sister pick up hundred of boxes of Girl Scout Cookies. I'm gonna be like Superman driving around a load of Kryptonite in the back of a Ford Flex. Sheesh! Should make for an interesting day. But before I worry about that I've got a crazy workout the trainer made for me to get through. Wish me luck!

PRE WORKOUT MEAL:

• Coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon
  • hard boiled egg with 2 tbsp of avocado

That was a GOOD workout! Sometimes I really like lifting and working out on the floor solo. I can put in my headphones and just focus on the work. So often my trainer and I end up on tangents of hilariousness that it can effect the momentum of the work out. Today was just non-stop killing it and I LOVED IT! Had to run to Costco after the gym to get eggs as we are out and HOLY MOLY I am so hungry! So excited to eat this yummy breakfast!

BREAKFAST:

• 2 eggs fried in ghee
  • 1C spaghetti squash, 6 cherry tomatoes and 1/2 C kahlua pork sauteed all together and sprinkled with granulated garlic. YUM!
  • 1/2 cup coffee with coconut milk

What a crazy day! I had a GREAT shoot with the CUTEST baby and her adorbs parents in the morning

and then went straight from the shoot to help my sister pick up Girl Scout Cookies for her troop. I failed to plan for lunch and ended up with no protein until I got home after 5pm. I need to find some compliant jerky or something for my car.

LUNCH:

• Venti unsweetened iced green tea from Starbucks
  • banana (from starbucks)
  • Cherry Pie LaraBar (from my gym bag)

SNACK:

• Grilled Chicken Leg
  • Strawberry Kombucha

DINNER:

• Grilled Chicken Thigh
  • Grilled Salmon (1/2 a serving)
  • Sweet Potatoes roasted in Coconut Oil
  • Steamed Broccoli with 1/2 tsp pasture butter

After helping my sister with the cookie pick up, I went to get my kids from my mom and discovered my uncle and cousin were visiting. So of course I invited the over to dinner, because I'm a crazy person. (I think it was the lack of food taking over at this point.) Then my sister and her kids decided to come over too. So, in seconds I'm suddenly responsible for feeding 6 adults and 4 kids. Ended up grilling some yummy chicken, roasting some sweet potatoes and steaming some broccoli. Everyone loved everything, which was awesome. But my REAL triumph was the fact that I made homemade brownies and didn't even lick my fingers or the whisk or anything. I even served everyone their dessert - WITH ICE CREAM - and wasn't even tempted! This is such a huge breakthrough for me. It really has me believing I can do this. I LOVED putting my big red X on my calendar. I earned that X. :)

DAY EIGHT

Woke up with a bit of a headache this morning. My allergies are insane this season. It never got really wintery around here and now it's so warm the trees are already blooming. I would love to be rid of these allergies, that's for sure.

One thing I've noticed lately is that I am NOT hungry at all when I wake up in the morning. I find this so interesting as I try to tapper down my meals throughout the day (BIG breakfast, medium lunch, small dinner). I was never a breakfast eater before I started loosing weight last year, and now breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I'm getting pleanty of sleep (at least 7 hours, usually 8, sometimes almost 9) so I find it interesting that I am not starving in the mornings. Not sure if it's hormonal or just how my brain and body work. But I find it interesting for sure.

I have an 8 mile run today... just waiting for it to get a LITTLE bit warmer before I head out. Then a busy day of house cleaning and laundry lay before me. Don't be jealous. ;)

BREAKFAST:

• 2 cups coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon
  • 3 eggs scrambled with coconut milk
  • 1/4 yellow bell pepper, 1/2 zucchini and 6 cherry tomatoes sauted in coconut oil
  • 1/2 avocado

RUN FUEL:

• Apple Pie LaraBar

LUNCH/POST WORKOUT MEAL:

• Grilled Chicken leg and thigh
  • Steamed sweet potato with ghee
  • Banana w/ tbsp almond butter
  • 1/2 bottle of Gingerberry Kombucha

The hubs and I went to a launch party for a friends new website tonight. We were supposed to go to dinner before the party and then, of course, we ended up running crazy late and having to skip dinner. There was loads of food at the party, but I'm sure none of it was compliant. I KNOW the enormous dessert display sure wasn't. We spent two plus hours there and I had three club sodas with a squirt of lime. Talk about feeling like a Whole30 rockstar! I even stood in front of the dessert table while having a 20 minute conversation and wasn't even bugged by it. What I WAS bugged by was not eating for almost 8 hours. When we picked up the kids from my sisters she had a HUGE pan of homemade mac and cheese on the counter. It smelled SOOOOO good! And then my husband starts eating some! I wanted to punch him! By this point I had a major headache from not eating and was a tiny bit cranky. Luckily there are LOTS of leftovers in my fridge and a quick dinner was easy breezy!

DINNER:

• BIG bowl of Thai curry beef stew

As an aside, and perhaps a little TOO much information, today was full of "Tummy Trouble" as we refer to it around these parts. I spent most of the morning in the bathroom - so much so I was nervous to go on my run. I managed to get out the door a bit after 10am, but the minute I got home I was right back in there. I've been fine since this afternoon, but feel dehydrated and weak - especially after an 8 mile run. Not sure what brought on the sudden bout of tummy trouble, but I will say I feel lighter. :)

DAY NINE

​Woke up with another splitting headache. I'm fairly certain it's my allergies that are making me want to detach my head from my body for a few minutes of relief. Today is my rest day from working out - especially since I did seven days last week. I think I'm just going to try and catch up on some laundry and blogging. Maybe a nap will be in order if my head doesn't feel any better. Now to find a good recipe for my pork loin for dinner. :)

BREAKFAST:

• 2 cups of coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon
  • 1/2 bell pepper, 1/2 zucchini shredded, 6 cherry tomatoes and 2 cups super greens wilted in ghee
  • 1/2 avocado

LUNCH:

• Chicken leg and thigh
  • hard boiled egg
  • banana with almond butter
  • 1/2 fuji apple

The kids are SO home today. MUCH more fruit consumption that usual. :)

Ended up napping with The Toddler. I can't believe how tired I am today! I've barely moved the whole day and I feel like I've run a marathon. My headache has returned as well. Thinking it will be an early night for all of us tonight.

DINNER:

• Roasted pork loin
  • Sauteed Cabbage and Bacon with Shallots
  • Steamed Sweet Potato

DAY TEN

Woke up earlier than expected thanks to The Toddler having a bad dream. At least I got to the gym nice and early for my run and lifting. Long day ahead full of sitting at my desk making people look pretty. :)

PREWORKOUT:

• coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon
  • hard boiled egg
  • 2 tsp avocado

Today's workout: 3.25 miles run with incline intervals and 60 minutes of heavy lifting with the trainer.

BREAKFAST:

• 3 eggs scrambled with coconut milk cooked in coconut oil with
  • 1/2 zucchini shredded and 8 cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 avocado
  • Bilberry Kombucha

LUNCH:

• Chipotle Carnitas salad with salsa and guac
  • Fuji apple with 1 tbsp almond butter
  • Easy Now tea

The headache has returned! With vengeance! And for some reason I want to feed this headache. Snackiness has taken over. Time to lock myself in my bedroom to fold clothes. First I'm going to make some salsa though. :)

HEADACHE SNACKS:

• banana
  • carrot cake larabar
  • gingerberry kombucha

DINNER:

• 3 slices bacon
  • 2 eggs scrambled with coconut oil
  • 1/2 avocado

Made "breakfast for dinner" and the kids requested pancakes. Nearly killed me. Between the headache and the impossibly busy schedule I LONGED for the comfort of a sweet, fluffy pancake. No more pancakes for a while. It's almost painful. Also, I would kill a man for a cup of coffee right now. What the hell is going on with me today? Sheesh!

DAY ELEVEN

What a lovely sleep that was! Despite the great nights sleep I am still rockin' the headache that makes me want to slap anyone who talks above a whisper. Allergy and headache meds were in my belly before coffee and breakfast. Feeling better now, which is a good thing.

BREAKFAST:

• 2 eggs scrambled with coconut milk and cooked in coconut oil
  • shredded zucchini and cherry tomatoes sauted in coconut oil
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 2 tbsp homemade salsa
  • 2 cups coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon

Went to the gym after dropping The Kiddo off at school. Today's workout: 4.2 mile run at 12:00 pace. I love being a slow runner. :)

POST WORKOUT MEAL:

• Hard boiled egg
  • Medium sweet potato with pasture butter and cinnamon
  • cup of coffee with coconut milk

LUNCH

• Pork loin
  • natural apple sauce
  • 1/4 fuji apple
  • banana
  • cup of coffee with coconut milk

Eating lunch with a toddler is brutal.

DINNER:

• Garbage Stir Fry - ground pork, 2 slices bacon chopped up, 1/3 head of cabbage and 1 small sweet potato all fried up together with a dash of fish sauce and coconut amminos.

Needless to say, I'm the only one who ate that for dinner... the kids thought I was trying to kill them. They had toast, bacon and an egg. When I told hubs what I made he decided to grab dinner on the way home from work.

DAY TWELVE

HORRIBLE bout of insomnia last night. Went to bed at 9 because I was supposed to have my early workout this morning, but my eyes flew open at 11:45 and I didn't get back to sleep until after 3am. Needless to say I skipped my workout and got some sleep. I haven't had a night like that in a really long time - I think it was me drinking coffee late in the day yesterday. Won't happen again. I'm sticking with one cup of joe this morning and that's it for me for the day. Doubling down the water too. Apparently I'm getting sensitive to caffeine Who'd have thought?!?!

BREAKFAST:

• coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon
  • hard boiled egg
  • ground pork
  • 2 cups super greens wilted in coconut oil

PRE RUN:

• hard boiled egg
  • 1/2 cashew cookie LaraBar

Today's workout: 3.5 mile run. Here is what I learned about myself today. I HATE working out after 10am. It's terrible. How can people run at night? It's awful at 1 in the afternoon... I can't imagine later.

LUNCH:

• Bowl of Thai Beef Curry and Veggies over
  • 2 Cups of Super Greens

I had a networking event tonight, and thought I would grab a little something to keep me from eating at the event. Of course I failed to read the back of the back of trail mix until I was in my car and it totally had added sugar. BOO! So grateful I brought a big ol' glass of water with me. Had 2 club sodas at the event and some fermented veggies off a cheese plate. SO hard not to eat that tasty cheese! But I didn't succumb. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home to buy a flat of eggs and some fresh veg as things are running low around here. Grateful I had a crockpot dinner all put together and simmering this morning. Nice to come home to a comforting meal that I know what all the ingredients are.

DINNER:

• Bowl of Beef Stew with Tomatoes
  • Banana

DAY THIRTEEN

Slept like the dead last night. It was wonderful! My goal for the next little bit is to not eat so close to bed time. Last night I ate my food and climbed into bed. Mostly it was poor planning on my part and I've got to get that figured out. Also, I REALLY need to stop consuming so much fruit. I think it's the ol' sugar dragon... and my children. They are insane. This morning The Toddler was pleading for a banana - I open it up and he says, No Thanks. Hence the first thing I ate this morning was a banana. Why didn't I just put it in a ziplock? I have no idea. Bleh. Anyway, less fruit! More time between dinner and bed! ONWARD!

BREAKFAST:

• Banana
  • 1/4 C ground pork
  • shredded zucchini
  • 6 cherry tomatoes
  • tsp coconut oil
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 2 Tbsp homemade salsa
  • cup of coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon

LUNCH

• Bowl of leftover beef and tomato stew
  • salad of 2C super greens, handful of cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cucumber and a hard boiled egg drizzled with mandarin orange balsamic vinegar

My stress level is through the roof today so I'm opting for a walk instead of a run before I go pick The Kiddo up from school. If any of you think owning your own business and being a photographer is glamorous I'm here to tell you it is not. And now I walk so I don't cry... or eat.

Today's workout: 4.5 mile walk on the trails. It was nice to be away from my office for a while.

POST WORKOUT SNACK:

• 1/4 lb ground beef
  • egg fried in coconut oil
  • 2 tbsp avocado

I REALLY wanted some protein. So happy I had some ground beef in the fridge. Hooray!

DINNER:

• Grilled chicken breast (I ALWAYS brine my bonless/skinless meat and it is SO GOOD. Used Well Fed's Best Chicken Ever brine tonight and it was AMAZING as always)
  • Steamed Sweet Potato with pasture butter
  • Steamed broccoli with pasture butter
  • Citrus Kombucha

My carb cravings are outta control today! My mom sent some cookies over for the kids and I just about cried when they pulled them out. Yummy, sugary confections of soft yumminess. I went and hid in my room. This afternoon I was day dreaming about toast and jam. Craziness. Who day dreams about toast and jam?

It reminds me of my first Whole30 attempt when I dreamed I was eating a cupcake. (I have one tattooed on my foot... cupcakes mean a lot to me.) I was half way through the first glorious bite when I thought "Sarah! You're doing a Whole30! You don't eat this!" I woke up still tasting the frosting in my mouth. That's how it's been all day today. I have seriously fantasized about the texture of the bread we ate in Italy. Ridiculous! I think I'm just going to call it a night while I still have some control left.

Really enjoying your posts. Going off to find a super-woman badge for you. I don't know how you fit everything in with a young family too.

Your first post comments about the love hate relationship so many of us seem to have with our bodies really resonated. It has often occurred to me that I take better care of my car (mainly because a large garage bill would be 'difficult') than I do of myself.

Good luck with your Whole30 part 3

Archived