whole30 supercharged...kinda

missmary

I happen to have a few of those airlock lids like on the link. I haven't done anything with 'em yet but I have them on hand.

I will need to ferment some veggies to get the liquid (or buy some). So I will not be making this immediately.

Thanks again!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 26

(no AM workout)

meal #1. espresso (organic). 3 eggs, poached in a bed of steam sauteed spinach and mushrooms

meal #2. zuchinni, broccoli, spring peas, red bell pepper. shrimp. green curry sauce (coconut milk, green curry paste, fish sauce)

meal #3. bolgonese sauce (onion, celery, carrot, mushrooms, bacon, grass-fed ground beef, a tiny bit of coconut milk, a little tomato puree, garlic) over spinach.

DAY 27

PreWO. HB egg

meal #1. cold press (organic). steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes, sweet potato cubes, cultured beets*. sirloin tips.

meal #2. testing out the super spendy wild planet canned salmon. +avocado and baby greens, cucumbers, celery, red bell pepper, capers and ume plum vinegar.

meal #3. bolgonese sauce (onion, celery, carrot, mushrooms, bacon**, grass-fed ground beef, a tiny bit of coconut milk, a little tomato puree, garlic) over spinach.

*confession time. I'm out of cultured carrots, but I don't like the cultured beets, so I keep serving myself beets and not eating them. I'll fix this today.

**just a couple slices of bacon in this whole dish...good quality bacon from happy pigs but has sugar (tiny amount).

DAY 28

PreWO. HB egg

meal #1. cold press (organic), steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes, sweet potato cubes, 2 more HB eggs and a piece of gourmet grassfed jerky

meal #2. salad of baby greens, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, black olives, capers, avocado. tuna. dressed w/ume plum vinegar.

meal #3. SWYPO ALERT!! I'm having a bunch of family over for my Dad's birthday, so...coconut shrimp (his favorite, no sugar or non-sense), mango salsa (mango, red bell pepper, serrano pepper, green onion, lime juice), sesame/garlic green beans, cilantro-lime cauliflower rice, and carrot cake w/coconut cream frosting (the carrot cake is made with almond flour, etc., so the only thing non-complaint here is maple syrup. well, maple syrup and CAKE. eh hem, I'm having some anyway.)

P.S Coconut shrimp recipe pls and thx

ok.

PALEO COCONUT SHRIMP

1. Pre-heat oven to 400F
  2. Mix some amount of shredded coconut (the finer grain stuff) with some coconut flour, salt and pepper to taste. Set this aside on a plate.
  3. Wisk several eggs together in a bowl.
  4. Peel and de-vein a bunch of shrimp, but try to leave the tails on. Rinse and dry well with paper towels.
  5. Dip shrimp in egg first, then in coconut mixture, covering them all over.
  6. Melt a tiny spoonful of coconut oil on a parchment lined baking sheet.
  7. Lay the shrimp out on the sheet so they don't touch each other.
  8. Cook them about 15 minutes? (until shrimp is pink and coconut is crispy). Flip them over about half-way through.
  9. If you want you can squeeze some lime over the finished shrimp, or just garnish with lime wedges.

DAY 29

PreWO. HB egg

meal #1. cold press (organic). steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes, sweet potato cubes, london broil.

meal #2. bolgonese sauce (onion, celery, carrot, mushrooms, bacon, grass-fed ground beef, a tiny bit of coconut milk, a little tomato puree, garlic) over spinach.

meal #3. cilantro-lime cauliflower rice, mango-red bell pepper salsa, slow cooker pork (shrimp and green beans completly gone, remaining cake sent home with the birthday boy) nope. last-minute invite to our new neighborhood tapas place. shared cured meats, olives, asparagus, roasted red pepper, grilled octopus, braised beef. drank a tiny "tasting portion" of red wine...can't have been more than 3 ounces.

a few comments on the party: first, really happy and proud that everyone loved the food, I even saw my nephew sneaking a second serving of the cauliflower rice. second, not so happy part: I think my issue might be sugar, not alchohol (or maybe I have issues with both?) because I'm having those same (sneezy, itchy-eyes, conjested, etc.) symptoms this morning. That after a bad dream last night AND weird hives I noticed on my chin before people had even gone home. The hives have subsided, but sugar allergy?! seriously? :huh:

I miss shrimp. :(

Why can't you have shrimp?

Oh, I missed the last post! Mary, it's prob not the sugar. I'd point the finger at the almond flour. The more processed nuts get, the more easily they're digested/absorbed, and more likely to cause an issue.

hmmm, interesting. I don't tend to eat nuts often, but I do know that almonds give me a stomach-ache unless I get the sprouted/dehydrated kind. Maybe I should try making my own flour from sprouted almonds next time? (or suck it up, this is a once-a-year thing, more or less.)

I try to be a seafood sustainability snob when I can...

Ah, I get it. My co-op is generally so good about sourcing and making sure the seafood they offer is sustainable that I forget to even think about it, but yes, the source of shrimp is pretty important. one more reason I'm glad I offered to cook instead of going out to red lobster with the family twice in two weeks!

DAY 30

ha. well, day 30 doesn't seem so meaningful, since I've been off-roading a tiny bit and also since I will continue without any change for at least another 18? 19? days. April 1st I'll do a weigh-in, and also decide if I will continue this log for another month once I get there.

PreWO. HB egg

meal #1. cold press (organic). steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes, sweet potato cubes, london broil.

meal #2. cilantro-lime cauliflower rice, mango-red bell pepper salsa, slow cooker pork

meal #3. chard, steam-sauteed with red bell pepper, mushrooms and red onion. turkey keilbasa

DAY 31

PreWO. HB egg

meal #2. chard, steam-sauteed with red bell pepper, mushrooms and red onion. turkey keilbasa

meal #3. this would NOT hold together as sliders, so: grass-fed ground beef, puree of chicken livers and onions, one egg, all got browned together with steam sauteed mushrooms, spinach, tomato puree. over zoodles. sounds weird, but tastes really good.

DAY 32

PreWO. HB egg

meal #2. left over cilantro-lime cauliflower rice, with steam sauteed cabbage & carrot, topped with cilantro, scallions, basil. slow cooker pork.

meal #3. grass-fed ground beef, puree of chicken livers and onions, one egg, steam sauteed mushrooms, tomato puree, broccoli. over zoodles.

DAY 33

(no AM workout)

meal #1. espresso (organic). the last of the slowcooker pork (what's not already packed for lunch) scrambled with two eggs, baby greens and cherry tomatoes.

meal #2. left over cilantro-lime cauliflower rice, with steam sauteed cabbage & carrot, topped with cilantro, scallions, basil. slow cooker pork.

meal #3. grass-fed ground beef, puree of chicken livers and onions, one egg, steam sauteed mushrooms, tomato puree with wilted baby greens, carrot and cherry tomatoes.

Goitrogen reminder. Things I should eat less often: Cabbage, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Collard Greens, Kale, Mustard Greens, Radishes, Turnips.

Things I should eat instead: romaine, red/green chard, swiss chard, red or green leaf lettuce, dandelion greens, parsely, cilantro, arugala, squash, carrots, red bell pepper, zuchinni, cherry tomatoes, parsnips, mushrooms, cucumber, fennel.

DAY 34

out late last night (drinking San Pellegrino) up early for kettlebell class, which seemed a bit more intense than usual (maybe just for my body) but at the same time I felt really good and strong. maybe doing power swings with the 20kg bell just makes everything after seem light? anyway....practically no food in the house, so went to the co-op on the way home post-WO. ravenous. breakfast tasted like the most amazing delicious thing ever. so happy that these foods taste so good to me now. perfection.

preWO. (1) HB egg

meal #1. espresso (organic). red and orange bell pepper, cucumber, blueberries. one piece gourmet grassfed jerky. (2) HB eggs.

meal #2. salad of baby greens, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, capers, ume plum vinegar. roasted salmon.

meal #3. cherry tomatoes, (2) grass-fed beef hotdogs w/dijon. lamb wasn't ready yet, could not wait.

meal #4. tagine of lamb shoulder with parsnips, carrots, onion. thanks Nadia ;)

Spreading lamb love! Do you have an actual tagine?

no tagine here, though they seem pretty cool. slow cooker lamb. the meat itself is lovely, but I'm not sure I like the slight sweetness of apricots and cinnamon. oh well. I branched out from the usual ground lamb (and occasional lamb liver), so this is a very good thing.

I tried kb couple weeks ago - it's so much fun, who would have thought. Whole class must be intense though.

yeah Nadia! I love my kettlebell class. I don't know if it's the coach or the activity, but it's really helped push me to the next level (not sure what level: advanced remedial? ;) . )

DAY 35

preWO. HB egg

meal #1. cold press (organic). red and yellow bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, green beans (steamed) roasted sweet potato cubes. london broil.*

meal #2. slow cooker lamb (w/carrots, parsnips, apricots, onion). salad of cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, ume plum vinegar.

meal #3. shepherds pie-ish: mix of 2/3 ground grass-fed beef and 1/3 pork, sauteed together with mushrooms, onions, garlic, swiss chard (was going to cheat and put in peas. out of peas. :( ) topped w/mashed butternut squash. blueberries.

*note: still no cultured carrots. went out of my way AGAIN yesterday to the store that carries them (usually) and they were out AGAIN. WTF. I'm going to have to start a batch of my own.

Archived