Could I use this protein powder during the whole 30? It is made of sprouted pea protein. I need a breakfast alternative that is quick and easy as I can't eat eggs, allergy :(

http://www.rawelements.ca/shop/product_view.asp?id=2148453&StoreID=2CA299C079544BCBA5F9A165262F6C1D&private_product=1

Sunwarrior Proprietary Protein Blend (Raw Pea Protein, Raw Cranberry Protein, Raw Hemp Protein), Medium Chain Triglycerides.

Well W30 doesn't recommend protein powders at all as the body handles liquids differently to solids. Drinking your food as opposed to eating it doesn't give the same level of satiety and many argue the body actually has a harder time digesting it as digestion starts in the mouth when we chew our food. On top of that, peas are legumes which are a no-go on a W30.

i know it can be daunting at first thinking of quick breakfasts especially without eggs but there are many on the forum who don't eat them, and have discussed alternatives. If you put breakfast into the search, it should pull up loads of ideas. Personally I tend to plan for leftovers at dinner so I can just heat them up quickly the next day. I've even made chicken salad the night before and grabbed it in the morning. Good luck.

Archived