I would punch a kid for some chocolate right now

I ate more today than I have any day on my Whole 30. I'm completely stuffed from dinner and feel satisfied nutritionally, but I am having a I'm-about-to-fall-off-the-wagon-sugar-craving. I did not realize this was going to happen or be hard. Maybe because I don't crave it often but I never deprive myself when I do? I don't know. I think it's passed now, but for a good 20 minutes I laid in bed arguing with myself about whether to get up and eat some dark cooking chocolate in my pantry. I feel really awful that I had this huge fight with my brain, and even considered cheating and then just pretending I didn't. I know, I'm a terrible person. I decided to tell everyone on here instead and I think it made it go away. Now I'm just exhausted and feel the need to fall asleep. That was a close one! Day 10 too!

You are so not a terrible person - you're a hero! you rock! You fought the dreaded sugar/chocolate dragon and you won! Well done. Nearly everyone goes through this at some point in a W30. As someone said recently, I'm sorry I can't remember who, if it was easy to defeat it wouldn't be called a sugar dragon it would be a sugar kitty :). The really good news is the more you starve it the weaker it gets. It really does get easier, honest. So, again, well done.

Thanks everyone! It was a toughie! I had such an easy first 10 days, even making batches of cookies in the first couple of days for work and being just fine. Of course I thought about it a few times but nothing like last nights, evil, evil, thoughts. It was completely overwhelming. I had one of those dreaded food dreams last night. I didn't give in and eat fast food because my mom started crying. Today has definitely dawned brighter and I'm feeling good. Hopefully that won't happen again!

Jessica, the title of your post made me laugh, because I was in a store with my parents, and we passed a display of chocolate. I turned to my mom and said, "I would kill for some chocolate about now." She laughed. And I replied, "No, really. I would literally *kill someone* for that chocolate."

Anyway, congrats on not giving in! I'm on Day 9 myself...so I hear ya!

Archived