Is it OK to add dairy?

NewStart2014

Hi all,

I guess i could answer my own question by saying that I depends on how Dairy makes me feel.

But what I'm really wondering is, how many of you have completed your Whole 30 and then stay 66% compliant with your eating but drink/eat small amounts of milk (the 33%)?

I don't eat/drink a lot of things dairy 1/4 cup of milk a day and 50 grams of cheese once a week or fortnight. (2 weeks)

Sometimes I have issues with flatulence but more often than not I don't have any issues.

What I do feel though when I don't have it is a draining feeling from my collar bones, intense hunger, or the general feeling of needing "something"

My daily meals consists of 2 or 3 egg, chorizo (50grm), a 1/2 cup to 1 cup of veggies, fried in coconut oil and 1/2 to a 1/4 avocado with 2 or 3 tablespoons of homemade salsa, 1 to 2 cups of salad, tuna or chicken and a steak and salad for dinner as well as an apple and an orange a day with nuts (brazil, almond, cashew, or hazelnut.)

So what are your views?

As you say, it really is an individual thing. I'd given up dairy a couple of years before finding W30 so it's never been an issue for me. If I was eating dairy, I'd eat full fat, organic but that's just a personal choice based on what I've read. To be honest, I can't see that dairy would provide anything you can't get elsewhere. I wonder if upping fat and protein or adding in some coconut milk on the days you feel you need 'something' would help but that's your call. Good luck.

And I stepped on Tom's heels and moved it into Reintroduction because it isn't a log. :)

For me, dairy makes allergies and acne flare up. It's also one of the biggest contributors to my fluffiness. Unfortunately, this isn't enough of a reason for me to say no to it very often. I keep it in because I love it, know the consequences, and accept them. (usually...i won't be purchasing any dairy once I finally get into my own place)

We really encourage you to go organic and pastured with your choices, in addition to full fat, but I'd say dairy's one of the wild cards for folks. If you handle it well and enjoy it, do it, but don't fall into the trap of thinking that dairy fills a hole that you can't get with a different choice...because that' snot true.

I'd second adding more fat and/or protein. I'd also double check how much food you're actually getting at lunch and dinner. Salad just doesn't fill me up, so I usually ahve to do salad AND some other more solid veggie. Also, it didn't look like you had much starch in your sample day, so that's something else that might be worth tweaking -- add in some sweet potato, or spaghetti squash or carrots or similar.

Archived