nut allergy

I am about to embark on the Whole30 journey, but have been doing a fair amount of planning to do so. I have an allergy to almonds cashews, and various other tree nuts (oddly enough, I can have hazelnuts). A lot of recipes I have seen call for almond flour. What can I use as substitute?

Look for coconut flour-specific recipes. The abundance of nut flour and nut butter recipes can be frustrating (seems like almost every recipe has them!) if you can have hazelnuts or other nuts (maybe macadamia?) they do make nut butters out of those as well, and you could try making your own hazelnut flour in your food processer.

I am about to embark on the Whole30 journey, but have been doing a fair amount of planning to do so. I have an allergy to almonds cashews, and various other tree nuts (oddly enough, I can have hazelnuts). A lot of recipes I have seen call for almond flour. What can I use as substitute?

I am curious as to what recipes you are referring to. I rarely come across recipes that call for nut flours but maybe it's just me not noticing them.

I am curious as to what recipes you are referring to. I rarely come across recipes that call for nut flours but maybe it's just me not noticing them.

Me either, actually. Maybe because I don't keep them on-hand? If i do find those recipes, they get ditched as too complicated if they involve nut flours, lol.

Ditto. I have never had any need for weird flours.

Flour is a grain thing anyway. Nut flours are subs.

I don't cook or eat anything that needs that.

Easy :-)

(I don't eat nut butters or nuts either. Awfully hard to digest those things, even when you are not allergic...)

I mean, don't let us talk you out of using flours if there is a recipe you'd love to try, just don't feel that you must have some sort of flour to eat and live Whole30.

Archived