tomato paste?

franco

Hi Franco! The trader joe's brands (much cheaper) and the ones at whole foods (organic) are whole 30 compliant....Hunt's brand has natural flavors so I am avoiding those for my whole 30. However, Hunt's diced tomatoes have no natural flavors and I am using those for recipes. Hope this helps! Happy cooking! :)

Yeah just check ingredient lists. I buy tomato paste and eat it straight up (but that's a different thread, possibly under the "food with no brakes" category :ph34r: ). The brands I buy, right from the regular grocery store, list tomatoes and salt as the only ingredients.

I just checked my Amore tomato paste this morning as I was planning dinner. It did not have the ingredients listed, so I checked their website. Only tomatoes and salt so I will be using it in dinner.

• 3 weeks later...
The tomato paste I have just lists concentrated tomato as the one ingredient, is that Ok?

Also, are we allowed tinned tomato? Ingredients: Organic Tomato, Organic Tomato Juice, Acidity Regulator (citric acid)

Yep..those are both fine.

Yeah just check ingredient lists. I buy tomato paste and eat it straight up (but that's a different thread, possibly under the "food with no brakes" category ). The brands I buy, right from the regular grocery store, list tomatoes and salt as the only ingredients.

Seriously..tomato paste made of San Marzano tomatoes in a tube. Way good.

• 3 years later...

Archived