Day5- What I already notice

Smaani

I'm post-W30 now (by 2 weeks), but I was absolutely shocked that I had basically no sugar cravings whatsoever when I started. I used to LIVE on sugar. I gave it up one other time a few years ago, and it was 3 weeks of pure craving hell. But I was still eating the SAD back then (lots of bread/wheat products) and also replacing my "real" sweets with fake sugars and tons of dried fruit (and continuing with my diet sodas). I understand now why that didn't work out so well.

Snacking - I'm still not to the point where I never feel like I need to snack unfortunately. Sometimes I can tell it's out of habit (and I still eat, grrr). Other times I feel I am truly hungry, so maybe I still don't have my meals set up exactly right every time.

Other - I didn't really have any major health issues that I was expecting this diet change to fix (I was cautiously optimistic my overactive bladder might calm down...but nope). But I am incredibly happy to have ENERGY now. I used to be tired to some degree pretty much all day. At any given moment I felt like I could easily crawl back in bed and go to sleep. Afternoons were the worst, and I got into the habit of napping every day that I could. Now I feel really good almost every day (of course it still depends on how much sleep I get). I'm not groggy in the morning, I'm not falling asleep in the afternoon...even if that were the only benefit, it would be completely worth it!

That's awesome and so encouraging! The first time I attempted the whole30 I wasn't thorough enough and completely missed the no SWYPO rule. So I was filling up on dried fruits and that rendered my whole30 almost useless.

I think its great that you can recognize when snacking is out of habit. that's the first step to cutting the habit :) as for when you're hungry, remember to eat plenty at meal times. I've been told keeping satisfied is crucial for stabilizing one's eating.

Archived