What's everyone cooking for Valentine's Day?

Jessica M.

My house is NOT Whole30 this V-Day - which is my absolute favorite holiday. Seriously. I go all out the way some folks do for Christmas. But our ingredients will be darn close.

We're doing bacon hearts (pork belly, of course), pink pancakes (probably coconut flour), GAPS soft pretzels (pretzel dogs and cinnamon raisin) and chocolate dipped strawberry hearts.

http://pinterest.com/rstrathdee/valentine-s-2013/

This is one of my favorite holidays too! I'm thinking of making my sweetie and kids macaroons. Still deciding! I am on a Whole30, so no go for me. Unless maybe I can make some filet mignon as a pre-dessert treat too. I love a good filet...

Robin - I love the idea of pink pancakes!

Garlic prawns and a rocket salad with balsamic, tomatoes, avocado and prosciutto.

I bought my hubby 2 different packs of dark chocolate covered ginger- perfect because he loves it, never gets it and I don't like it!

Only sad part is no wine...

We are not on a Whole30 but I really don't know what we are going to do as we have sort of gotten away from celebrating commercial holidays. Tomorrow I might make thick cut pork chops with a cherry balsamic glace, roasted asparagus and mashed sweet potatoes. Maybe have a special treat for dessert like an iced caramel latte and a scoop of a really good vanilla ice cream OR the cherry balsamic glace drizzled over vanilla ice cream, cherries and shaved dark chocolate.

Archived