Canned Coconut Milk

Jenn B

If cooking with canned coconut milk, is this considered my fat in the meal, or do I still need to add fat? And I assume cooking with it is whole30 compliant (besides putting it in coffee) and is not a reentry food after the initial 30 days.

Thanks for clarifying.

Jennifer

Okay, so by looking at the food list, I got my question answered and felt stupid for posting it. But here's is (what I think is) happening. If I only have coconut milk (cooked in my dish) it is not enough fat, and I am not going to the bathroom every morning. So I am adding half avacado, or olives. And tonite, I did not feel satisfied (I needed a crunchy) and stuffed a handful or so of coconut flakes in my mouth- Can I get too much fat from coconut byproducts? Someone else asked the same question in this forum somewhere, but I am not as active (or young) as her.

Jen, I am 59 and I eat a shameful amount of fat. :) The meal templates call for palm sized amount of protein, a thumb sized amount of fat and the rest of the plate is veggies. I probably double the fat and 1.5 the amount of protein some days. I do work out 3 days a week with a trainer who pushes me hard. Just see how it goes and how you feel.

Can I get too much fat from coconut byproducts? Someone else asked the same question in this forum somewhere, but I am not as active (or young) as her.

Jen, don't ever feel stupid for asking questions, the only stupid thing is to keep wondering and not ask. In the west we've been brainwashed to be fat phobic and most people eat nowhere near enough. The template is a minimum of 1 - 2 thumbs of fat. I'm 61 and partially disabled, unable to do any exercise and, like Susan, I eat shameful amounts of coconut oil, milk and cream since I first started W30. All I can say is my overall health has really benefited. As Susan said, go with how you feel. If you're enjoying it and it's satisfying you, great. Don't be afraid of it. good luck

Archived