Post Whole 30 question

Cecilia

So I have been continuing with the Whole 30, I have decided that this is now no longer a "Diet" but my lifestyle. I realized that I did not miss dairy or the grains, no sugar. However....I realize that while I am now living a fully Paleo lifestyle, I do crave once in a while (like when it's that time of month) something sweet. So far I have been successful in making "10 Minute Fudge Drops" from a joyfol mother blog:

http://ajoyfulmother.com/2013/01/20/10-minute-fudge-drops-part-2-with-eight-variations/

But I found these cookies and wondering if anyone else has heard of them and if so do you incorporate them into your paleo lifestyle: http://www.cavemancookies.com/

Once you are riding your own bike, you can eat whatever you have decided is right for you. I think it's Robin that makes Paleo treats for her family. Sorry if that was a case of mistaken identity Robin. :)

Here's what works for me. I rately go off roading. If I do, it's for something very special and always the real thing. I don't give in to cravings (I rarely have them these days) and I mindfully choose to have the real thing occasionally. I have white rice twice a month when I go out for sushi with my girls. I probably have some other off plan item maybe every couple of months and maybe a glass of wine once or twice a month when out for a nice dinner or at a friends house. Having the real thing occasionally is just what happily works for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Once you are riding your own bike, you can eat whatever you have decided is right for you. I think it's Robin that makes Paleo treats for her family. Sorry if that was a case of mistaken identity Robin. :)

Here's what works for me. I rately go off roading. If I do, it's for something very special and always the real thing. I don't give in to cravings (I rarely have them these days) and I mindfully choose to have the real thing occasionally. I have white rice twice a month when I go out for sushi with my girls. I probably have some other off plan item maybe every couple of months and maybe a glass of wine once or twice a month when out for a nice dinner or at a friends house. Having the real thing occasionally is just what happily works for me.

If I make treats, they're paleo for sure. We (because of asthma, a dairy allergy, Crohn's and reactive hypoglycemia) can't do the real thing - even intermittently (my youngest had a tiny piece of real cake at a birthday party - totes my bad - and woke up with one eye bloodshot and almost swollen shut). The good thing is, my kids don't care. And, I know every bit of what went into them. We don't do it often, but it's a family event when we do :)

Archived