W30 journey with Jojo

art cabana jojo

Tomorrow is my start day... i have prepared myself mentally (can you really KNOW the first time out though what type of mental preparation you will need?)... i have read a lot of info here and experiences and trials and tribulations and so i don't feel like i am going in blind... but a novice nonetheless. I have identified my obstacles....

GUM

WINE and CHOCOLATE at night

SOCIAL EVENTS

and i have planned ways i might conquer these or move around them...

I have set some goals....

I will not eat after 8pm every night

I will set an alarm and get up at 6:30AM 5 mornings a week.. (currently i am off work rehabbing a rotator cuff surgery and i am just sleeping in and staying up late... need more structure so it's not such a shock when i return to work) plus an hour in the morning is worth 3 in the afternoon.

I will stretch entire body AND do my rehab exercises every single day for at least 20 minutes.

I will watch my computer time and limit it to no more than TWO hours a day and use that extra time to do some of the meaningful things that i have been neglecting... or maybe create some of the things i am pinning on my pinterest boards... (that is a time wasting VORTEX)(but soooo delightful)

So i will check in here and log my progress as i go along.... wish me luck and give me strength.... I am ready to shine! Happy VALENTINE"S DAY!!

post-15205-0-87330700-1360883423_thumb.j

Day one:

Wow that was tougher than i thought... clearly i am addicted to gum... i had to take the container of it i keep in my car out for fear that i would grab one without thinking... it took over my mind all day... i walked in my pantry and it smelled like gum... has it always had that minty fresh smell... or am i hallucianting?

10:30 AM: 2 eggs fried on a bed of wilted spinach

2:30PM: leftover chicken stir fry with a handful of cashews (whole thing was about 1 1/2 cups)

still hungry... handful of pistachios... then a piece of roast beef... water... 1/2 an orange... one dried fig... more water... a cup of tea... still hungry... or maybe i just needed sugar.. i guess i use gum as a crutch to satisfy my appetite... another piece of roast beef but on this one i rolled up 1/3 of an avocado inside... that seemed to make me feel sated and i was able to take my mind off food for a bit...

7:00PM chicken thigh, big salad with balsamic dressing and avocado... handful of cherry tomatoes... a giant strawberry... seltzer water with lemon.

i am not used to eating three meals a day.. i usually eat a late breakfast and then fast until dinner... maybe have some nuts and cheese midday... but obviously the gum does more than i thought to my system... will feel good to slay that dragon that snuck into my life.

no more food tonight...

Day two DONE!

did a bit better today with hunger... added another egg to my breakfast, so three eggs and that seemed to fill me up and held me well until 4pm when i had some beef wrapped around avocado and cucumber.... saturday night dinner was boiled crab dipped in homemade ghee... (yeah i made it myself.. so proud... and it is soooo yummy) along with a giant salad and a piece of chicken... oh i had a handful of cashews while dinner was cooking... and then water water water all day long.

the no gum thing is distracting... i find myself constantly thinking about it... IT"S ONLY GUM... GET OVER IT FOR GOD"S SAKE!!.... but i am hanging in there... this won't take me down.

also went and picked up the "supplies" for my colonoscopy that i have put off for over a year... it is at the end of the month and will be about half way through my W30... so i am thinking of ways i can drink this trashcan size container of laxative without just plain water... thinking of squeezing an orange in it and then maybe some citrus tea of some sort... any ideas?? everything they tell you to mix it with has sugar or substitute...

on to day 3

Day three...

went to brunch at my sisters... she was super accommodating and it was all good... ran some errands and then back at home i was starving again... raspberries... cashews... little cutie.. then started drinking more water... thought i might be thirsty.... and just got busy and out of the kitchen and take my mind off GUM....

for dinner i made stuffed pork chops.... for the stuffing i used mushrooms.. onion... apple... sautéed that and then stuffed it in a cut in the pork chop and cooked in oven... served it with roasted sweet potato and broccolli ... soooo goood and for a little dessert took the rest of the apple and sauteed it in ghee and sprinkled with cinnamon...

felt like i went a bit overboard on fruit today... probably my sugar dragon flaring her ugly head...

on to day 4

Day four...

went off ok... irritable but didn't kill anyone.. i'm sure prison food wouldn't be compliant.

eggs and wilted spinach for breakfast

piece of chicken, radishes for lunch

dinner was A-mazing! note pic... and they call this a diet? only ate half the steak, saving rest for breakfast.... and no fruit today... no "dessert" either... just trying to retrain my brain to not think it HAS to have some thing sweet after i eat... and those roasted carrots were as sweet as candy... delicious!

post-15205-0-65652000-1361248828_thumb.j

day six... breakfast was 3 eggs bacon and a handful of raspberries... lunch was big salad with avocado and beef chunks... dinner.. 2 baked chicken thighs.. big salad handful of raspberries... lots of water all day and some rooibos tea after dinner.

still feel fluish and sluggish.. but did have some bursts of energy throughout the day.. so not too bad.. i made it through another day!

day seven ONE WEEK... whew!

tonight i made it through an art show and drinks afterwards with girlfriends... when i ordered my seltzer water i asked the waiter to put it in a wine glass so i could feel like a grown up.. and i didn't need a straw.. (why do they put straws in nonalcoholic drinks... we aren't 6)... anyway i didn't feel like i was having less of a good time... i told them that i was in a bet and that there was money riding on it if i drank so there was NO WAY i was drinking... good lie.. it worked.

this is the first time in the whole week that i have eaten after 8pm... however i left home at 630 before i had much dinner and then came home and was too hungry to go to bed... so i had a handful of cashews and raisins...

earlier today i had eggs (again) and the rest of the fresh side from yesterday... then for late lunch/early dinner... what is that? Linner... Dunch?... anyway i had a big salad and leftover chicken thighs... also had a clementine with my breakfast

Glad week one has been accomplished... from what i read here it only gets better after the this!

YEAH

day eight... started out in a rush.... my grab and go breakfast was a leftover chicken thigh and a clementine.... lunch was chicken ... again... along with a big salad... met some friends for happy hour and ordered seltzer water in a wine glass... it just feels better in a wine glass... passed up all the appetizers on the table and left when they busted out birthday cake... came home and made sausage pieces, big salad and roasted red peppers... cashews and raisins afterward... probably shouldn't have had those as it reinforces my "dessert" mindset... so will make an effort to forgo that tomorrow...

on to the weekend... good luck everybody

Day nine comes to a close...

breakfast... sweet potato hashbrowns... fried eggs and sausage pieces.

pre-function dinner... chicken on a bed of wilted spinach and assorted peppers.

dinner with girls.. shrimp tacos and salad... didn't eat much of it ... didn't eat the tortilla

seltzer water all night... felt really good all day long... wasn't hungry between meals... seems like i am headed in the right direction today.

Day ten....

great omelet for breakfast... roasted red peppers and avocado.... also some fresh side bacon... (not cured) amazingly a few days ago i was hungry all day long.. even after a breakfast like this.. today.. i wasn't hungry at all... went to an Oscar party tonight.. made wings to take along and had some of them and noshed on fresh veggies and that was my dinner... water all day and then seltzer water in a champagne flute at the party.. awesome day

Day 11... almost half way... breakfast, eggs and finished up the sausage pieces... lunch was chicken roasted red peppers avocado... dinner was a mix of ground beef, broccoli peppers spinach roasted tomatoes jalapeño in a bowl... and a small bowl of fruit... which was so sweet.. things are tasting better without added sweetener.. still think about gum and wine too much.. we'll see what the next 20 days bring... i'm ready for them!

day 12... yoga.. then eggs and some chicken... dinner was a bit of roast beef and roasted carrots.. supposed to eat really low fiber today in prep for the big colonoscopy on thursday... tomorrow should be easy food wise.. no food.. only clear liquids.. sticking with broths and tea and then my gallon of "prep juice" is mixed with water that i am infusing with lemon and mint

day 14... all went well this morning with my "procedure"... came home and had a nice lunch of roasted red pepper soup and turkey meat with spinach and avocado roll... wanted to snack this afternoon but didn't really feel hungry ....think i was just feeling empty after no food for a day and a half... made myself wait for dinner.. it's kinda cool to start noticing the difference. Dinner was roast beef... roasted sweet potato and a big salad... can't believe i have made it TWO WHOLE WEEKS!!

day 15!!! woohoo i made it half way... woah woah i am halfway there oh oh livin on a prayer... and sheer will and diligence and commitment.... and how good i am starting to feel!!

today was great... so excited to be at the half way mark... for breakfast i had fried eggs and uncured bacon... which kept me full all day long... had a clementine and some nuts mid day and then had dinner early... broiled salmon wilted spinach... went to the hockey game tonight... i always buy sugared almonds at the hockey game... so today i made my own and took them with me... melted some ghee in a pan tossed in a cup or so of almonds... a sprinkle or two of cinnamon and cooked it all up till it was starting to brown.. .dumped it out on a piece of parchment paper and sprinkled with kosher salt and yellow raisins.. this was seriously good eating at the game and i found i only needed a couple handfuls to be satisfied when normally i would have eaten the entire cone of sugared almonds and beer too.. after hockey we went out dancing at a club and i had one of the best nights out ever... sparkling water all the way ... now i am home ready for bed and feel fantastic and my hubby is on his lips and will feel like crap in the morning!

Day 17... yesterday was a long day and glad it is over... ready to get on with the last two weeks!

breakfast was a couple pieces of baked chicken and a few strawberries... lunch was leftover baked salmon on salad greens... for dinner i made the most fabulous pork carnitas in the crock pot... served them on greens with avocado and cumin carrots that were delicious! (i just toss carrot sticks with olive oil a bit of salt and cumin and lay them on a baking sheet... bake at 425 for about 20 minutes stirring about halfway through) have leftover pork for tomorrow so i love that i don't have to think about what to cook...

Day 18... ate pretty much the exact same thing as yesterday... chicken and strawberries for breakfast... the last of the leftover salmon with salad for lunch... left over carnitas on salad green, cumin carrots and avocado... was still hungry 30 minutes later... so i had the rest of the chicken (1/2 a breast) with some hot sauce... still hungry a handful of almonds, cashews and raisins.. that did it.... now i'm full and done for the day!

didn't make the gym this morning... IT band still is inflamed and want it to heal before i aggravate it.... been stretching and doing the stretches for my rotator cuff too... read some stuff on Mark's Daily Apple about over exercising and i think that i am guilty of that .. that is why i seem to go from one overuse injury to another... really liked his Primal Fitness plan... seems to be less stressful and more focussed on play and staying fit for play and life and not pumping and running and so much stress... i am going to embrace his fundamentals for a bit and see how i like it... let my body heal.

day 20... HAD to go to the grocery store today.. slim slim pickings here... but it is cool to finish up the food in the fridge... to see my vegie drawer empty rather than just rotten food that was purchased with such good intentions.

breakfast was fresh side and eggs... and blueberries... for lunch i had tuna salad with balsamic vinegar.. dinner was chocolate chili over spaghetti squash and spinach... it was good.. needed more spice and i probably added to much broth which watered it down... (wanted to finish up the container)

tomorrow is a busy day so i am planning my food tonight so i will be prepared!

day 21

breakfast.. scrambled eggs and fresh side... lunch was a side salad at pf change... dinner was the most fabulous baked chicken... ina garten's recipe for "jeffrey's chicken"... served it with an array of roasted veggies... sooooo yummy... and my hubby adored it... and me... cuz i made him a wonderful dinner that didn't feel like "diet" food!

Archived