My Day 1: Feb. 15

AngelaBP

I've been on diabetes medication for almost 18 years and on cholesterol reducing meds for 3 years. I suffer from eczema, tendonitis and joint pain. I've lost the same 50 pounds four or five times. I'm ready for a healthy diet. I'm ready to be off all my meds. This is the start of the rest of my life. ironically, I received my copy of It Starts with Food yesterday and I stayed up until about 1am reading what I could, knowing that today I would start my Whole30. The book provided the most profound message I've received yet about my relationship with food. It also saddens me that I lost both my parents to heart disease and Altzheimer's, two diseases which could have been prevented by eating "clean." I intend to live longer than either of them--for me, for my husband, and for my children. I'm ready to make it happen!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Day 12 and feeling really, really strong about my choices. I heard this broadcast, today, on Northwest Public Radio and couldn't help but feel I'm ahead of the game. Wondering if anyone else heard it:

http://www.nwpr.org/post/how-food-industry-manipulates-taste-buds-salt-sugar-fat

It strongly underlines why I know I've made the right choice in doing Whole30.

Archived