Loose Stool Solutions

I cannot speak from personal experience, but my husband also had IBS and whole30 completely helped with that. We now eat Paleo and he is still fine. I would however recommend removing coffee as well, that seemed to really contribute to his symptoms. After he went without it for about a year, he can now have a few cups a week without problems. I would also make sure you get good starches like potatoes and squash to firm up your stools.

Just stick with it, if you quit, don't you still have the same problems only you are less healthy all around? So you might as well stick it out....my hubby would never go back to eating all that and having to be chained to the bathroom all day! It will work....your body is just going to need some time.

I didn't find relief until the end of my W30 for this issue, and asked about this a week ago in the "medical conditions" section of this forum. There is a section on IBS in It Starts With Food. The basic recommendations are to cook all vegetables, like, all of them. No nuts. I cut out tomatoes and bell peppers too. For me it turned out coconut milk was irritating my system All of a sudden things started to get better at the end.

I haven't tried it but heard that bone broth is soothing to your intestinal lining. In the past I have taken Slippery Elm in capsules, it also soothes the intestinal lining (but is a quick fix- not a sustained fix).

I try to stay away from caffeine anyway, but that is a big irritant as hojo wrote.

Hy Dylan I've had IBS for years and was on meds for it. My 1st W30 was pretty rough digestion wise which is probably not what you want to hear. It took longer than 30 days for mine to heal BUT and it is a very big 'but' it's now fine. It was only the other week, answering someone else's question that I realised I'd now call it perfectly normal - I just don't think about it. Now for years, in fact decades I never, ever left the house without checking I'd Buscopan and Loperamide in my handbag. I haven't done that for ages, I never think about it any more because I never need them.

I would second the starchy veg. I found sweet potato especially good. I also took probiotics (I figured if everything was rushing through so quick, I was probably losing good bacteria as well) and digestive enzymes. I'd tried both of those before and they hadn't cured it but I figured they might help with the change of diet to W30. I also found keeping a food log helpful so if I had a particularly bad or good day, I could look at what I'd eaten beforehand. It's not easy I know to hang in there when you feel things aren't improving but I'm so glad I did because it's been so worth it. I'm sure it will be for you too. Best of luck

Archived