Day 16 - Will I have to "start over"?

RaZella

Hello! I'm on Day16 of the Whole30 and LOVE it. However, I think I may have made a goof today.

It's my birthday and I am totally good with no B-Day cake or any of the other "traditional B-Day stuff". The husband and I actually pre-planned an awesome Whole30 meal.

However.

I had a glass of juice as part of my bday breakfast (with an awesome egg casserole the hubs made).

It was 100% juice. No added anything. No added sugar.

Then I was cruising the website again for inspiration and I caught this (which I must have read earlier on and just totally spaced)

"we're okay with a small amount of fruit juice as an added ingredient during your Whole30… but this doesn't mean a cup of fruit juice is a healthy choice!"

I am now worried this means I've messed up the whole 16 days and will need to restart. Oy! Totally appreciate thoughts on this one. Does this means a re-start is in order? Was it "ok enough" to not restart?

Thank you for any help you can provide on this!

Relax, as the book says a glass of juice is not a healthy choice. You probably get quite a sugar rush just from the juice. However, I wouldn't start over, I'd just chalk it up to experience and keep going, avoiding glasses of juice in future. Now if it's totally awoken your sugar dragon and you can still feel it prowling around by the time you finish your W30, then you could always add some extra days until it's been starved into submission again :) Happy Birthday

Whew! LOL! Thank you so much for the quick response. So far, my sugar dragon is still in check, the first week was the rough part with that monster, yet this week, he's been pretty quiet. Which is AWESOME! I am totally dedicated to continuing going, thank you again. :)

Archived