Hot water with lemon is my new morning jam

Moluv

I've had a love/hate relationship with coffee, and caffeine at large for at least a decade. Before that I was just oblivious. I'll quit coffee and try tea instead, caffeinated or not but I always go back to coffee for long stretches before I quit it again. Because of this process though, I have really finally been able to clearly see that caffeine really has NO UPSIDE for me, it's all negative. And herbal teas are a crapshoot too- some give me cottonmouth or an unpleasant tummy feeling- I'm looking at you chamomile and ginseng. But there is one hot beverage THAT NEVER LET'S ME DOWN- the humble hot water with lemon. The great thing about HWWL is that it is just as good at relaxing me in the evening as it is lifting me up in the morning as it is subduing my appetite till mealtime. Just perfect! For anyone interested, I make mine with a tbsp or so of Santa Cruz organic lemon juice from a bottle, not actual lemons as they are harder to keep fresh and well stocked.

I too start my day with freshly sliced lemon in boiled water. I sometimes buy 6 lemons at a time, slice them and put them in bags and then into the freezer, it's really convenient to take out what you need, when you need it.

I like that idea. Perfect for hot or cold drinks. I have some mint left over from green chicken. I might toss that in the freezer too.

Archived