let's see what the next 30 days are like!

pandaclouds

completed my first ever whole30 yesterday. lost a bit of weight but not as much as i wanted, so i'd like to keep a log for the next 30 days, sticking mostly to the same diet, and see what happens. two things i'm adding back in: wine (mostly red) and yogurt (full fat, organic). i'll be travelling to texas in the next month so it will be interesting to see what challenges that brings me.

current weight: 129.2 lbs

DAY 1

pre-workout: full-fat, organic yogurt, 5 prunes (today is day 3 of constipation!)

post-13295-0-53444300-1361196194_thumb.j

post-workout: baked cod, sauteed kale, butternut squash, fried egg

post-13295-0-94555000-1361216161_thumb.j

linner (that's my word for lunch+dinner): baked cod, an entire bunch of collard greens braised in coconut milk, a big honeycrisp apple (i was still hungry after, and the apple was the quickest thing i could eat!)

post-13295-0-19868800-1361285609_thumb.j

celebratory outing with my friends: 4 glasses of pino noir. my oh my did i both miss and not miss drinking. i forgot how hard it is to STOP drinking once you've started!

post-13295-0-19144900-1361285617_thumb.j

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 2

of course this morning i woke up thinking, "why did i have that 4th glass of wine????" UGH. next time i WILL stop at just THREE. I WILL.

also, i finally pooped this morning after 3 DAYS of constipation. hallelujah.

breakfast: eggs scrambled with coconut milk, celery, and scallions (who knew the veggies that you have been avoiding all week cuz you only bought them to throw into a stew could taste so good with eggs??!) and 5 prunes

post-13295-0-96743700-1361285791_thumb.j

linner: omg i just ate SO much food. i ate what you see here PLUS a bowl of yogurt afterwards. :blink:

rotisserie chicken over a bed of cauliflower rice and some sauteed kale and olives on the side.

post-13295-0-60708800-1361314316_thumb.j

snack: baby carrots

DAY 3

whoa i could not sleep at all last night =( i think because i had my last meal so early and my body was not used to sleeping on an empty stomach. which leads me to my latest experiment, i am going to try intermittent fasting. i've been reading many articles about it and it seems to make sense. it's interesting because it goes against ISWF's rule of eating breakfast first thing in the morning. but i was thinking, maybe i would have lost more weight the past 30 days if i just ate when i was actually HUNGRY instead of at 8AM because the book told me to...

i like the idea of skipping breakfast and eating a nice meal around noon but i don't know if my body can handle that just yet, especially on days when i have to work a lot. so for today, since i am off from work i am going to experiment. i also like what this site says about starting the day with a little fat in your tea http://www.theiflife...ut-oil-coffee/. so for now, i will try skipping breakfast 1-2 times/week, but i'd like to try to work up to skipping breakfast and lunch (so fasting for a whole 24 hrs) 1-2 times/week.

"breakfast": ginger tea with a spoonful of coconut oil

11AM meal: 7 prunes, rotisserie chicken, cauliflower 'rice', kale

4PM meal: chicken breast, cauliflower 'rice', with a little homemade paleo BBQ sauce that i'm slowcooking my pork chops in for dinner tonight!

post-13295-0-59661600-1361396951_thumb.j

side note: i like this new thing i'm doing, where instead of calling it breakfast/lunch/dinner i'm just gonna call it a MEAL at whatever time it is!

9PM meal: pork chops slow cooked with paleo BBQ sauce, acorn squash recipe from martha stewart http://www.marthaste...63&slide=262646 (SO GOOD!), collard greens (http://everydaypaleo...collard-greens/) ehhh not so tasty, and 2ish glasses of tempranillo =)

post-13295-0-17899400-1361418080_thumb.j

I suppose it's something you work up to? Right now I think I will try to make smaller portions. I'm hungry at the wrong times or not at all, then eat everything on my plate and feel stuffed. That can't possibly be good for a weight loss goal.

yes, one blog i saw the guy said jumping in full strength just doesn't work. good luck w/ the smaller portions. sometimes they work for me, sometimes they don't. but if you are still hungry after eat a small portion, eat some more!

DAY 4

9:45AM--green tea w/ a spoonful of coconut oil (going to try to fast until after noon!)

might i note, i've been off from work this week, so next week is going to be very different, especially when trying to fast. also this weekend my boyfriend and i are going on a mini vacation to hudson so it will be interesting to see what/how i eat!!!! it'll be my first trip since starting the whole30!

1:40PM meal--leftover rotisserie chicken, leftover collard greens, all cooked in a good heaping of leftover paleo BBQ sauce! small bowl of organic full fat yogurt and 5 prunes for "dessert"

post-13295-0-04247300-1361473610_thumb.j

6:15 snack--slices of salami. i was trying to wait until dinner later with a friend to eat by my body's telling me it's hungry!

8:45 meal--organic burger patty with lettuce, tomato, and pickles, side of sauteed kale, 3 glasses of delicious malbec red wine

the whole intermittent fasting thing has my head spinning, and not from being faint, but from trying to figure out what my body's telling me! from 9-11am this morning i was so sure that i wasn't going to be able to make it. i packed some baby carrots and salami in case i felt faint. my mouth was dryer than normal and i was thirstier. at noon i headed to the gym, not sure if i'd be able to make it through my workout. 30 minutes in, and i felt AWESOME! my hour at the gym flew by and i felt like i got in a really good work out. got home hungry but not starving, and made myself a big lunch. i wonder if people tend to eat too much in the afternoon after fasting all morning, and if this has anything to do w/ weight loss (or lack of weight loss, rather). i'm curious to see what happens.

DAY 4

9:45AM--green tea w/ a spoonful of coconut oil (going to try to fast until after noon!)

might i note, i've been off from work this week, so next week is going to be very different, especially when trying to fast. also this weekend my boyfriend and i are going on a mini vacation to hudson so it will be interesting to see what/how i eat!!!! it'll be my first trip since starting the whole30!

1:40PM meal--leftover rotisserie chicken, leftover collard greens, all cooked in a good heaping of leftover paleo BBQ sauce! small bowl of organic full fat yogurt and 5 prunes for "dessert"

post-13295-0-04247300-1361473610_thumb.j

6:15 snack--slices of salami. i was trying to wait until dinner later with a friend to eat by my body's telling me it's hungry!

8:45 meal--organic burger patty with lettuce, tomato, and pickles, side of sauteed kale, 3 glasses of delicious malbec red wine

the whole intermittent fasting thing has my head spinning, and not from being faint, but from trying to figure out what my body's telling me! from 9-11am this morning i was so sure that i wasn't going to be able to make it. i packed some baby carrots and salami in case i felt faint. my mouth was dryer than normal and i was thirstier. at noon i headed to the gym, not sure if i'd be able to make it through my workout. 30 minutes in, and i felt AWESOME! my hour at the gym flew by and i felt like i got in a really good work out. got home hungry but not starving, and made myself a big lunch. i wonder if people tend to eat too much in the afternoon after fasting all morning, and if this has anything to do w/ weight loss (or lack of weight loss, rather). i'm curious to see what happens.

I am unsure if you are male or female..? However, if you are a female, IF is not advisable... I suggest stopping immediately...! Women are way more complex than men in all aspects so please for the sake of your sanity, stop..

DAY 5

10am meal--2 eggs scrambled with 1 turkey sausage patty.

snack--raisins and raw cashews for the car ride. honeycrisp apple.

3pm meal--bbq brisket, side of collard greens w/ ham and side of pickles. glass of red wine.

post-13295-0-18214200-1361755170_thumb.j

7pm--2 glasses red wine. raw cow cheese. chocolate truffle.

DAY 6

10am meal--3 scrambled egs with onion, bell pepper, tomato, and raw cow cheese. 2 slices bacon. kombucha. dark chocolate truffle.

3pm meal--broke paleo a little with this one: gluten free pizza crust with tomato sauce, proscuitto, artichoke, spinach, and kalamata olives, glass of red wine

post-13295-0-82205100-1361755171_thumb.j

in between--glass of red wine, yogurt, raw cow cheese, dark chocolate truffle.

9pm meal--bacon wrapped dates, side salad with squid, tilefish with kimchi and peashoots, glass of red wine at swoon in hudson, ny

in between--3 glasses of red wine and a shot of whiskey! it was a late night full of dancing!

DAY 7

11AM meal--scrambled eggs with pico de gallo, green sauce, and guacamole! side of turkey sausage and mixed green salad at bread alone in rhinebeck, ny.

snack--wayyyy too many raw cashews on the drive home. i don't think i can even stomach cashews for a while now!

7PM meal--appetizer of salami slices and dried figs. cauliflower rice, pan-cooked chicken, asparagus roasted with bacon and mushrooms, topped with grated raw cow cheese, yummmm!

reflection on the weekend/my first roadtrip/vacation since paleo:

what a weekend! it was surprisingly easy to keep paleo. i did not expect to eat so much cheese, but i did keep it raw which is better than pasteurized. also did i drink a lot of red wine! i've noticed since the whole30 experiment, alcohol definitely makes me more bloated, so it will be nice to have a busy work week, making it impossible to drink. also i'm going to assume that a lot of what i ate had hidden sugar in it, but i did not want to be more complicated than i already am when i'm ordering (is there dairy in that? gluten?). it's crazy how there is sugar in everything. it feels so good when i make my own food and i'm in control and knowledgable of everything that goes into my body.

goals for this coming week: less cheese, less wine, more salad. no nuts!

post-13295-0-27654500-1362250243_thumb.j

Archived