Loose skin :(

Mom2A&M

Losing weight has given me loose skin...and btw, where did my boobs go?! Lol! I lost about 35 lbs prior to W30 and now I can see the fat decreasing in my abdomen and ugh, the skin looks awful! I am working with a personal trainer 3x per week and get to the gun on my own a 4th day. Is there anything diet wise that I can eat or a supplement that helps with this...or do,I just need to win the lotto and get a tuck?

All that cream stuff is a waste of money. Truly. People who claim it works just have the genetics to have their skin pop back into place. It's like some people get stretch marks and some don't. I get stretch marks when I bend over to pick up the laundry basket. Ain't nothin' to be done about it.

Skin brushing sounds good and I can empathise with the "stretch marks when bending over" haha!

I have just lost over two stone of baby weight and I have noticed that even when my food intake and exercise remains consistent, my weight loss happens in stages, lose some, plateau a while, lose some then plateau a while.

I remind myself this is good because I feel like each time I sit at a plateau it gives my body a chance to adjust to new size/fat/muscle composition. This will give the skin more time to adjust too I think.

I have never had a washboard stomach or anything but I have a lot of stretch marks from two pregnancies going to 41 weeks with big babies. I love my mummy tummy though.

I do think its a genetic thing however the companies that make Bio oil etc would prob disagree!

I read somewhere that strength training and patience and clean eating will help the loose skin.

I read somewhere that strength training and patience and clean eating will help the loose skin.

I love this idea...that patience itself is a cure for something. YES! In this case, I do think you are correct, it takes the body some time to tighten up again, and depending on your age and skin elasticity (and maybe how many times or how much you've asked your skin to stretch and bounce back in the past...) will determine your outcomes. Strength training, clean eating and most of all patience in the meantime is an excellent prescription. I suppose one could throw in some lotions or creams (or dry brushing or whatever) just to feel as if they are helping it along. can't hurt ;)

Archived