Weight loss

I am now post W30 but have largely stayed on exactly the same diet and loving it. The main difference is that I didn't have caffeine during my 30days and am having 2 cups of coffee a day but made with whole goats milk not water.

I lost 10lbs on W30 but in 2 weeks since stopping and still increasing my workouts I have not lost anymore. This is extremely frustrsting as I have 5lb to go. I know that weight loss isn't the point and I do feel exceptional on this 'diet' but does anyone have any pointers to include, exclude, portion size etc? I go on holiday in 3 weeks and would particularly love to have lost it by then. Wishful thinking????

When I drink coffee it really irritates my gut and causes a lot of inflammation which means extra protective fluid all around my midsection. I just look puffy and bloated. Same goes for me with dairy. Of course, it could be that you handle coffee and dairy just fine and have reached your body's natural set weight. May be more than what you want it to be but still could be a good weight? In which case I would suggest letting go of the "just five more pounds to go" mentality, ditch the scale, make sure you get enough sleep and exercise and fun, and make sure your clothes are sized properly so you don't feel "pinched". Really, going up a pants size is the same as losing 5 lbs. Especially if you cut the tags out and replace them with smaller size tags ;)

You may not want to hear this but I remember being told years ago that the weight we want to be at may not be the same weight our body wants to be at. Women especially often have unrealistic expectations of what weight they should be. You don't say what weight you are but it may well be ideal for your height and build. You say you're increasing your workouts so you could be building muscle and losing fat. You say you feel *exceptional* so do these 5 pounds really matter that much? Can't you throw away the scale and celebrate how you feel and how much you can do? Best wishes for your healthy life

I just moved your thread into a more appropriate section.

Honestly, 5 lbs is an insignificant amt and will have little to no impact on how you look, or how your clothes fit on a daily basis. If you woke up tomorrow, looked exactly the same, but were 5 lbs lighter, would you be happy? If the answer is no, (and I'm pretty sure it is) then your issue is NOT what the scale says. You're either working out too much or you're looking for a nutritional "silver bullet" to a lifestyle problem.

Lift heavy, go on walks, and throw out your scale.

Archived