Extreme muscle aches

superflash

I'm on Day 5 and mostly feeling good, except that my entire body just HURTS. To the point where it kept me up all night last night, and the night before. I haven't been working out in an extreme fashion - just my usual (Alternating days between body weight exercises and light cardio - walking, dancing or bike rides - which was typical before I started Whole 30).

I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else? If it's a known side effect, or if maybe I'm doing something wrong, and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks!

Depending on what your diet was like previously, this could be the "carb flu" that they talk about. The only cure is lots of water and time, as far as I know. I've also heard a few people say they actually got sick when they started their W30. Is it possible you are coming down with something?

To answer your question more specifically, I think it happens to lots of people. My "flu" is mostly headaches, but it was pretty severe and went on a while this round. And I was pretty clean to begin with.

I mostly ate primal, though we did allow for "cheat" meals of gelato, occasional burgers, etc (we live on the beach, it's hard to resist! haha). Maybe it's that I haven't been drinking enough water, now that you mention it. I think I only had a bottle of water yesterday (I've never been a big "drinker"... rarely find myself feeling thirsty), so I'll have to be more cognizant of that.

I don't feel like I'm getting sick, though yesterday was a particularly stressful day, so maybe that could be part of it as well.

I took some ibuprofen overnight, hoping it would help, but it really did nothing. I wonder if there's anything more herbal that may help that I can try before bed tonight.

Archived