Breakfast Alternatives to Eggs

bridgesgirl

Please please give me something else besides eggs. I'm on day 13 and pretty sure I have done my eggs every which way I have in my brain. At least 13 different ways. I long for my cereal which oddly enough, I could eat every day and not get bored. I'm not much of an egg person (because I'm a sugar/carb addict lol) but does anyone have some fun different breakfast things I can try? I feel like I am super inventive with lunch and dinner and have endless things to make but breakfast? I'm topped out. Thanks!

Here is what I had for breakfast today: a bed of greens with chopped celery, sweet miniature peppers and sliced strawberrys with cilantro lime broiled chicken (prepped in advance) and two over easy eggs. I drizzled the whole thing with a dressing made from homemade coconut oil mayo (kinda sweet, also prepped in advance) which I added lime juice, onion powder, cayenne and Celtic sea salt. The eggs gave more sauciness to the salad as well. I liked this over some of my more typical savory eggs+veg because of the sweet and sour taste plus the crunchy cold veggies were refreshing.

I've been eating dinner leftovers for breakfast. I love cold meatloaf. I did find this recipe which I plan to make for my 7 year old daughter.

http://sweetbasilnspice.blogspot.ru/2013/01/grain-free-strawberries-n-cream-porridge.html

It's paleo though not what I would consider Whole30 compliant (it recreates oatmeal and has maple syrup in it). Maybe something for you to try after your Whole30.

Tricia

www.expatpaleo.com

I soak almonds, pepitas, macadamia nuts overnight, separately soak some raisins. puree the raisins and soaking water, drain the nuts and chop roughly. Mix all together and add some sesame seeds and shredded unsweetened coconut and roast slowly for several hours. Let it cool and then I use it sparlngly with some fresh berries and coconut cream drizzled over. Perhaps a moderator might be able to tell me if this is in the spirit of Whole30? All the ingredients are allowed, and I reckon there's a good balance of protein, carbs and fats.

No, sorry I'm afraid it's not in the spirit of W30. I'm sure it's delicious but it doesn't meet the meal template guidelines, 1 -2 palmfuls of protein, 1-2 thumbfulls good fats and fill the plate with veggies while limiting nuts and seeds

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

As well as giving us templates of the healthiest foods we can eat W30 is also designed to break our old unhealthy relationships with food. Having a breakfast like this is SWYPO, trying to take a non-paleo food, sounds like granola, and paleofy it with compliant ingrediants. This just keeps us locked in to our old ways of eating and doesn't help us form new relationships with food.

If you're going to do a W30, you deserve to get the best possible reults from it and that means following the guidelines as well as the list of compliant foods. You deserve the best. Good luck

Like others have mentioned, I eat a lot of leftovers in the AM. LOVE leftovers! Ohhh...I microwave a chicken breast until done, then mix melted ghee and Frank's Red Hot to make a wing sauce. I toss the warm chicken (diced) in the sauce, then eat with veggie of choice.

I can give you another egg suggestion... ;) When my kids are actually moving along and I have time to really make something for myself, I like to have my sweet potato in the AM. I saute the diced sweet potato & a little onion in coconut oil. When finished, I top with some diced avocado, some over-easy eggs, and some homemade salsa (veggies!) or w30-compliant salsa verde. It is A LOT of food but it easily holds off my hunger until my next meal...

Of course...I am a newbie...take this with a grain of salt... ;)

I had this problem at first too! I'm allergic to eggs and wasn't really a breakfast eater anyway. I started out heating up left overs in the morning, and I still do on occasion, but my go-to breakfast is my own sausage made from grass fed beef or bison and seasonings, sweet potato hashbrowns, and roasted broccoli or kale chips. Sometimes I'll have a few berries with it, but it's usually too much. It's very filling and gives me incredible energy throughout the day. I'll admit it, I'm a breakfast convert.

Archived