Grassfed beef!

MrsStick

• 2 weeks later...

Is it around $10/lb for grassfed beef or bison? That's what the regular stores around me are charging which is way too much for me. I'm trying to find a cheaper option.

Is it around $10/lb for grassfed beef or bison? That's what the regular stores around me are charging which is way too much for me. I'm trying to find a cheaper option.

do you have any farms or farmer's markets nearby? i know there are ways to find local grass fed. i usually get mine at the farmer's market and they give me a lb to lb in a half of ground for about $7. the grocery store nearest me doesn't carry ground, but does carry some little steaks, i just buy the most natural ground beef that i can get, unless i can get to whole foods to get ground grass fed, unless it's summer time and i can get some at the farmer's market. the Bison is $8.99 at one grocery store near me and $9.99 at another one, i buy it from time to time. (i'm on a very tight budget, but would rather spend a little over my food budget to get good stuff and forgo other things than buy junk for food).

• 2 weeks later...

Our local university's Agriculture department has a grass-fed program, including an abattoire and retail sales. They also have lamb and occasionally, pork and turkey. The prices are good and it helps the local U. I'm looking into getting 1/4 beef custom cut for my freezer. It's about $4 a pound that way. Not bad.

Archived