First Whole 30 Results!!

sethro5hc

I'm 27, and up until the end of college I was always in very good shape. After college I put on about 30lbs, accumulating it slowly over those 4 years. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and usually ate until I was completely full and then stuffed as much more down as I could even knowing I was full. I always tried to diet, but absolutely any small temptation at all would end the diet abruptly and I'd go back to eating all junk.

Well, I found this wonderful program and it's changed everything. I'm back in control of my cravings and can now make smarter decisions moving forward. In the past, I literally could not walk past a donut , cake or any other snack and not grab one or two. Whether I was hungry or not didn't matter, if it was there I was going to eat it. Now, I walk right past those things without thinking twice. The bloated feeling that had become the norm before this is completely gone. I feel energetic, I feel lean, I just feel better all around. I feel my body improving every day and I'm enjoying whole, fresh food in a way I never have before.

Before this started my pants were threatening to rip or shoot a button across the room at any moment. Now, those pants nearly fall off and I could comfortably fit in one size down. 30 days ago I had to suck in to fit my belt on the 2nd to last loop, but now it easily fastens on the 3rd loop and will soon be at the 4th. I dropped 20lbs yet I'm just as strong in the gym as ever.

I'm not sure what the policy is on pictures, but I made a before and after pic just to show how big the changes were over the last 30 days. I can't help but think that if I feel so much better after just 30 days, what would 90 feel like? What about a year? It's really exciting to think about. post-15169-0-02556600-1361405150_thumb.j

That's awesome! Amazing what 30 days can do, huh?! Congrats on your newfound health - best of luck to you as you continue to enjoy the rest of your healthy life :).

BTW - I can totally relate to the siren call of the donuts, etc. I'm still working on not paying attention to them at all since I'm still battling a really stubborn sugar dragon, but you've given me hope so thanks!

I'm actually a design engineer at a company that makes deep fryers, grills, smokers, and other outdoor cooking accessories. Needless to say, there's never any shortage of tempting yet terribly unhealthy food. Everytime the boss is researching for the new cookbook or the engineers have to test a product there are POUNDS AND POUNDS of fried, salty, sweet, cheesy foods that are put in the kitchen and are up for grabs. Deep fried oreos, sausage wrapped in bacon and rubbed in brown sugar, smoked mac and cheese... it's endless.

What this program has taught me though is that I DO NOT have to eat this just because it's there. Like the "should I cheat" guidelines say... I can make any of these foods at home any time that I want, so just because they're at the office one day doesn't make them special and it's certainly no reason to derail my hard work in the gym or all the healthy meals I've eaten. Now, if Paula Dean comes by oneday and whips up something personally then sure I'll try it because that would be a special occasion. However, just because there happen to be donuts or fried meat available at 10:15am on a Wednesday doesn't mean I am required to eat it. Not only do I understand that now, but I don't even want to eat them in the first place. They aren't worth the stomach ache, tighter pants and sugar crash later!

Archived