Limp pain/ very tired

Notsofast

Hello everybody,

I am on my third day of Whole30.

I have strong limp pain (I can remember only ever having had it during a bad cold before). Is that normal in the beginning?

I am also very tired, exhausted, out if energy and have a slight headache.

It doesn't feel good at all.

I am determined to finish the Whole30 - but was wondering if others experienced something similar and could give me some comfort that it will get better??

Thank you!!

Hang in there notsofast! Your body has used up all the excess sugar, your liver has started to remove the junk it couldn't clear out when it was overloaded but is not yet efficient at turning fat and protein into energy quickly.... All this makes you tired. Keep going as you will soon feel much better. If it helps, think of how much worse you will feel if you now introduce foods that make you less healthy!

• Moderators

I am not sure what limp pain is. Many people feel a little off or tired during the first week or ten days of a Whole30. If you are feeling very tired, I suspect you are not eating enough. If you are not eating starchy carbs like sweet potato, you might want to make sure you add some as they are good energy food.

I'm guessing notsofast is referring to lymph pain - swollen, painful lymph nodes (I happen to have a cold right now so I know this pain myself at the moment!).

I agree with the others. Rest, eat starchy carbs, and know that this will pass.

Hello,

thank you eveybidy for replying and being supportive/ encouraging.

I meant pain in my legs, as one sometimes get during a flu. I actually wake up at night because it hurts so much.

I am eating properly 3 times a day (compliant of course), fish, meat, salads, a bit of fruit, avocados. If I really need a snack (which I try to avoid) I eat nuts (hazelnuts). I am not hungry, and my cravings get better.

I will take it easy during the next few days and am looking forward to the surge in energy at some point!! I was quite a big chocolate addict and ate a lot of carbs, so maybe the difference is quite significant - even though I have been cutting down in sweets during the week before starting in preparation already.

Archived