Intro- My First Whole30!

ashleym630

Hello everyone! I started my first Whole30 on Monday, February 18, 2013! That puts me at Day 4 and feeling great so far!

A little back story on me.. I just recently got married June 30th of last year. Leading up to our wedding I was able to lose 40lbs doing CrossFit and following a Paleo diet! I gain weight extremely easily (If I have one "cheat" meal and/or drink alcohol I'm up close to 5lbs the next day) and after our all-inclusive honeymoon I began gaining some of that back. On top of that, shortly after our honeymoon I found out that I was pregnant and found it even harder to get motivated to get back to my paleo lifestyle. A little forewarning, this is about to get depressing but it's fact and I'm okay with openly talking about it now. About 11 weeks into my pregnancy we discovered that our baby had no longer had a heartbeat and we had to have a D&C. At this point I had already gained 30lbs since our wedding between our honeymoon, my constant soda drinking, and bread and pasta eating habits. I entered a state of depression, and all of my family members were constantly stopping by bringing me cupcakes, wine, and other things I really didn't need but very willingly consumed. By the end of December I had gained another 18 pounds.. putting me at the heaviest I've been in my entire life!

Back in January, I switched back to a Paleo diet but was not very strict on myself. I'd eat okay during the week and then kill it on the weekend. This had continued to go on up until Monday when I decided enough was enough! I'm ready to kick this weight, get back to being healthy and am thankful for finding the Whole30 to help me do it! I joined a "bootcamp" work out class back in January and today is the last day. Now that it's over and I've got some of my endurance back I'm going to be renewing my CrossFit membership. I am so excited for my Whole30 journey and can't wait to see how I'm feeling when it's over!

Thanks for reading. Any other Day 4 W30ers out there? :)

The Whole30 is going to turn all of that around for you- it's a tremendous agent for change with such a supportive forum that has helped me stay accountable. I'm on day 4, after restarting after day 18. It has changed my attitude towards food and my body and I haven't even completed one yet. Sorry to hear about your loss. Congratulations for being honest with yourself and continuing your healing journey. Best wishes!

It's cool that you are turning your loss into positive action. I know I would find it easy to wallow. Good for you!

Thanks! It's definitely taken some time to get to this point. But I also know, if I ever want a chance to try again I need to be the healthiest I can be!

Sorry about your loss, but kudos to you for taking action - as a buddy of mine often says "When you're walking through Hell, keep walking."

I'm just finishing up day 4 - you've got one day on me !! Keep us posted and be a good Whole30 role model for us youngins :)

Thank you Casey! Keep up the good work :D

Sorry about your loss, but kudos to you for taking action - as a buddy of mine often says "When you're walking through Hell, keep walking."

I'm just finishing up day 4 - you've got one day on me !! Keep us posted and be a good Whole30 role model for us youngins :)

I love your buddy's quote. Thanks!

Archived