Brandi's Log - Started 6/18

Brandieelynne

B: small portion broiled salmon, broiled cherry tomatoes and steamed broccoli.

L: broiled salmon, zucchini, tomatoes, 1/2 small avocado

D: Broiled salmon, tomatoes, steamed broccoli

Snack: apple

Drinks: Licorice tea, yerba mate tea, sparkling water

Note: I used olive oil for all my cooking. Also, I found Copper River Salmon at Costco for a great price - I'll be eating the heck out of it until it's gone :)

I'm missing my coffee w/ cream, and my wine. I'm giving up both for now, as I usually drink coffee throughout the day with lots of cream. Coffee and wine are like my treats, and I do think I have an unhealthy addiction.

• Moderators

Hi Brandi,

Wow! I thought I ate a lot of salmon because I sometimes eat it once per week. Salmon is definitely a super food, but you need some variety... both to keep your food appealing and to feed your body properly. Different foods include different vitamins, minerals, nutrients, etc., so rotating through a variety of proteins and veggies is required to maximize our health.

I started yesterday too!

I feel you on the wine and coffee! I will definitely miss wine this first week or two. When I did my first Whole30 I was pleasantly surprised that I stopped wanting wine altogether by the end of it. I started drinking my coffee black during that time as well (and shocker of shockers I'm actually starting to really enjoy it this way!!!) I still enjoy it with cream and maple syrup, but rarely indulge in that because it makes me feel off.

The Copper River salmon at Costco is a great deal. Have you tried Melissa's recipe (from Clothesmakethegirl blog?) Most amazing salmon ever and Whole30 approved.

Thanks Tom!

I did just set some ground turkey, bacon, and chicken breast out to defrost. I also eat a lot of ground bison. I usually am good about rotating, LOL! I just didn't want to waste the fish :)

And Bon - I think I'll look up her salmon recipe! I was looking through her site last night and made the decision to try her homemade mayo later this afternoon for chicken salad. Good luck on your second day today!

Brandi

Hello! Today has been a successful Day #2 (I think!). I added a CF workout in (first time in a few months) so I'm gonna feel that tomorrow.

Soooo...

B: Hardboiled egg (ok- I normally skip breakfast because I'm just not hungry).

L: cucumber slices, celery slices with about a T of almond butter (I think this is OK?), a handful of black olives, 3 pieces of bacon and 3 eggs fried in the bacon drippings.

D: I don't think I can eat anything else tonight - I'm so full from lunch. But, I just spent the last hour making homemade mayo with a whisk (SUCCESSFULLY!!) and I was looking forward to eating some atop asparagus and, making this salmon recipe from Well Fed (after two glowing recommendations).

Drinks: licorice tea, yerba mate tea, water, coffee black and w/ coconut milk from a can.

I'll be up late, making chicken salad with my fresh mayo to pack for lunch tomorrow. Thanks all for your tips and encouragement!

Hi friends! I just finished another successful day! (I'm a night shifter, so my "day" just ended and I'm about to go to sleep for the "night")

B: coffee w/ coconut milk from can

S: slices of: bell pepper, cucumber, celery

L: chicken salad (w/my homemade mayo) atop salad greens

D: black olives, few bites of leftover chx salad, boiled egg, apple/almond butter

Drinks: today just coffee and water

Super proud I've not been tempted to ruin my Whole30 w/ wine or dairy! :)

Archived