A Small Amount of Alcohol?

ileahal

So it's day 12 for me and I haven't cheated in the least! Haven't even really been tempted too much to be honest. Then of course, the biggest temptation ever comes to me tomorrow night...

It's my best friends birthday. At a bar. In a college town. Being 22 and not drinking often is hard enough, but being forced into a bar with drunken fools is brutal. So I was wondering, is ANY kind of alcohol going to completely kill my whole30? I wasn't wanting to go too crazy, was just thinking of taking a couple shots of pure vodka.

If this is going to ruin things for me, then I definitely won't, but if there's anyway that I can get away with drinking a little bit that anyone knows of, please share. :)

I'm doing a whole 100 right now and the one thing I miss is alcohol, and I am/ was only a three drinks a month drinker anyway... But I am learning so much about the effects some of the compliant foods have on my digestive system and I know I will lose this clarity if my liver has to take on the load of processing/detoxing alcohol no matter how small so I am staying clean... It's a similar thing with the 30. Even a small amount diverts your liver from cleaning/healing the effects of the prior nonwhole30 foods.

I've never understood the feeling people have that they need to drink alcohol to socialize with friends or family. I've gone out with friends many times over the years and never felt like I had to drink alcohol. That's not to say I have not or do not on occasion drink the stuff but even before Whole30 and Paleo came into my life, my alcohol intake was maybe once or twice a year.. tops. I have a bottle of vodka that's been in my freezer for over three years and I've had maybe two drinks out of it. Sorry, I just don't get it.

Archived