Sulfite in the Lemon Juice thats in my Mayo!

betsyl33

Hello all. I'm at the end of Day 5 on my Whole 30, and I have just discovered that there are sulfites in the lemon juice I have, and I used 2T of the lemon juice in my 1 1/2 cups of mayo that I made yesterday.

I realize that sulfites are not good...so I am guessing that I need to throw away the mayo that I have made (bummer!)

However, I am wondering whether I need to start over. I am guessing that the amount of sulfites (being the very last ingredient on the label, and being that I used only 2T in my whole recipe of 1 1/2 cups and I have had only a tiny bit of the mayo thusfar) that I have consumed is very small.

Do I have to start over? I have consumed such a small amount of the mayo (a tablespoon or less, total, of the big recipe).

I promise I did read all my labels before I started, even for things like meds and tea. I don't know how this got past me...

Thank you for your time.

It's amazing where they manage to shove crap isn't it. Anyway, if it was me, I'd ditch the mayo :( sulfites are nasty things. I'd then carry on and at the end of your W30, if you feel you your results aren't as great as you'd like, you can always add on 5 days.

For my mayo, I use fresh lemons or organic cider vinegar, i like the taste of both. good luck

Thankyou, what a nice thing to say - you'll make me blush :). I'm just so grateful to the Hartwiggs for the book and this site. I'm so glad I found them and everyone's been so kind and helpful to me ever since I joined. good luck on your journey

Archived