I. Cannot. Stand. the Taste. Of. Coconut Oil.

ScoutFinch

You need to get the refined coconut oil. No taste. I have a jar of the unrefined stuff in my pantry and I'm gonna have to give it away, I can't even stand to open the jar. The smell is obnoxious to me (I am not a fan of the taste either, not at all). The refined coconut oil has no smell, no taste, it's awesome. I get Spectrum Naturals organic refined coconut oil right at my local grocery store. Highly highly recommended.

Different brands of coconut oil taste differently, so try a few, but you can also cook with pastured animal fats.

That wouldn't work for me (different flavors of coconut oil that is), I don't want ANY taste. Hence the refined stuff. Two thumbs way up for that.

Almost worked my way through a 78 oz. container of Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and get no complaints from my wife who is extra sensitive to the smell and taste of coconut. I got mine at Costco but it's also at Vitacost.

Fun Facts: If you get stuck with some coconut oil you don't like, here are 50 things you can do with it besides chucking it, including some that are somewhat creepy things to do with anything you can also eat. You're welcome. ;)

• 1 month later...

I had a horrible time with the coconut oil and coconut milk when I started and used mostly ghee at first. As time went on, I noticed the coconut less and less and now actually love the oil, milk, and especially coconut butter. My new cat loves them all too so now I have to share!

Archived