Brand new today

Shongololo

Hi, I am Lauren, and today I started the whole30. It is going to be a real challenge. I really do have a sweet tooth and always overload on carbs.

This morning I managed fine and now mid afternoon, I am desperate for a cup of tea with milk.

I am really determined to see the whole30 through.

I live in South Africa - so some things may be different here.

Oh dear - I managed day 1 fine. I came apart on day 2 and 3, I sort of just rebelled. Today I have managed to get myself back on track. And I am determined to not let it get the better of me, so I will start all over again properly tomorrow.

Making such radical changes certainly makes me see how many bad eating habits I have, and how in denal I have been.

So - Day 1 .... tomorrow.

Hi Shongololo,

I am also starting today! Maybe we can be support buddies?

I'm representing the Greater Portland, OR Metro Area :D

Oh! And about your tea challenge...have you tried Good Earth Original or Yogi Egyptian Licorice tea? Both are naturally sweet and delicious (with no added sweeteners!), as well as caffeine-free, which for me is a bonus! I also pretty much live on green tea (the big box from Costco). As for the milk part, have you tried using coconut milk in your tea? I don't put milk or cream in my tea, but I use coconut oil/milk in my coffee and it's great!

Just some thoughts!

I use coconut milk in my coffe and tea too... For me the trick was to drain the clear liquid from the can (depending on how well it separated it can be easier sometimes than others). Anyway, I use the thick white coconut that's left over. I put it into a Tupperware, mix it up so it's smooth and use a spoonful in my coffee/tea. When I mixed the clear stuff with the white and used it, I didn't like it. Removing the clear part makes for a super creamy and yummy addition to my coffee. I actually like it a lot better than the milk I used to use per whole30. Good luck, you can totally do this, the cravings will go away!

Archived