March 1st start anyone?

kindergartencowgirl

Congrats to all who have completed or are about to complete W30!

Came across this article this morning as I spent time contemplating what I was looking forward to, post-W30. Thought it was pretty insightful and applicable to so much more than eating. Hope this group finds it interesting as well!

http://blogs.hbr.org/bregman/2013/03/how-resisting-temptation-makes.html

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Bicky, take care of yourself, that's most important. You did it despite a major sickness!

Today is also my Day 31, and I'm down ten pounds! More importantly, in comparison to 30 days ago:

• My energy level is so terrific. Before, it took me four hours to feel almost human. Now? Within ten minutes of waking up!
  • I'm cooking and enjoying it. Breakfast is a ritual, not a chore!
  • My clothes are much much looser; I'll let you know if I can fit into my work coveralls today... was having issues with all the bloating.
  • My hair is fuller, not dry and hardly tangles at all -- have a haircut planned for Tuesday.
  • My face, wrists, arms and neck are leaner.
  • When I look in the mirror, I look younger by ten years. I was truly dreading how old I was beginning to appear to myself.
  • My eyes are round and clear.
  • I fall asleep easier and no longer wake up every couple of hours.
  • I no longer need a nap on my days off, although I take one if my body says sleep.
  • I recover far quicker from an adrenaline fatigue crash than I did before. Twenty-four hours and I'm just about back to "normal."
  • My blood pressure has moments of being in the low/normal range. I'd like to report that it's completely normal, but I'm going to my doctor in another month if it stays where it is. I'm fairly certain that adding in meditation and exercise will help, as well as letting go of work issues. Good luck with that! lol.

I'm going to continue into a Whole60 or longer, and will weigh in again on Day 61. I'm planning on adding in more movement this month, in the form of walks (yay for spring!), learning some yoga, and possibly going back to my gym sometime in April. A month ago I didn't have the energy to even think about this... now I'm looking forward to taking another step toward health and wellness!

I can't wait to find out how everyone else did... not sure where I'll be logging my journey but it'll be somewhere around here!

Looking forward to reading y'all's results... My favorite part of the whole30 experience.

I have been eating compliant since last week, with a treat here and there. After Easter I'm going for another try for the month of April. This time I think I can do it!! Every attempt makes us stronger. I'm focusing on improvements in my mental attitude and aptitude. It's so amazing to me how food effects the brain. My taste buds are so in tune, I will also concentrate on eating the best food I can find... I f it's not great, I'll be skipping it.

Will definitely use the forum to stay on track. Will be checking back soon,

Kat

I'm also on board for another attempt which started today. It's inspirational to hear about everyone's results. You guys are amazing and you're living proof that it can be done. I'll still check in her regularly as well.

I'm still hanging in there! It is very strange to go from being totally intune with my body on w30 to feeling like a train wreck on antibiotics. But I haven't wavered on my w30 compliant foods. I plan to stay w30 for a while after the antibiotics and pneumonia/flu/ear infection have gone to regain a sense of "self" before moving forward.

This forum has been a great source of motivation and support! Awesome job everybody! This is day 31 for me - RESULTS day! I have been compliant the whole time with 1 exception that I know of (some almonds that were roasted in peanut oil during week one). There are a lot of measurements at the end for folks interested in that kind of thing. For me I didn't lose much weight, but there is more importantly for me, some redistribution or change in body composition that I can see from the measurements. I plan to start reintroduction today with dairy, but I'm still resistant - I had coconut milk in my coffee. I know there is something causing joint pain and bloating, and I don't want to reintroduce those symptoms so I am reluctant to reintroduce those foods. As for results;

The good

* I love sleeping better - no joint pain, no joint cracking

* I like knowing what is in the food I am eating

* I like the steady full-day-of-energy feeling

* I find it easier to just say no to something than to debate whether or not it is "worth it" (now I am scared to reintroduce)

* My skin looks great - a friend even asked me if I was wearing makeup!

* I look thinner - people have noticed!

* No muffin top!

The not-so-good

* Running slow

* It is not convenient - I feel self conscious special ordering everything when eating out

* My family isn't doing it so there is double cooking/shopping/cleaning, plus I feel separate

* Although I will continue, I cannot deny the results but the whole paleo thing feels very bandwagony to me (sorry)

Starting weight - 154 ; Ending weight - 149

shoulders - 42" ; 43"

upper arm - 11.75" ; 11"

bust - 36.5" ; 35" (waa)

under bust - 34" ; 32.75"

waist - 28.5" ; 27.75"

upper hip - 38" ; 34.5"

lower hip - 40" ; 38.25

thigh - 23.5" ; 22.5"

calf - 15" ; 14.75"

@Deb, congrats! Looks to me that reintroduction isn't so much about eating like everyone else again, but being able to make informed choices knowing what ingredients do what to our bodies. That way, if a meal makes my gut go haywire, I'll be more able to pinpoint what it was and decide if I want to go through that again! Yay for you!

More info on my "results":

• Forgot to mention yesterday most importantly -- my mood has done a 180! I am rarely cranky-pants, my level of snapping my husband's head off is way way up there, we are able to actually have discussions vs... well, arguments. Lots more patience and ability to see other people's perspectives. I guess when my gut was inflamed so was my entire personality.
  • My bras fit so much better. Noticed especially in the last two weeks that the little fat rolls making the bands way too tight completely disappeared. I think I have "wheat boobies".
  • Yesterday, I wore my work coverall/jumpsuit for the first time since November! I'd been using the scrub pants/tops all winter because I could no longer zip up the zipper, nor feel at all comfortable all the way into my arms -- cuffs just way too tight. Now I have a crazy amount of room everywhere -- belly, legs, rump, arms, chest. I'd say it fits me the way it did 25 lbs ago (including the bloat from back then). But I'm only down ten! So bye-bye bloat, nice knowing you.

Thinking of piggy-backing on the April starting folks, unless this thread keeps going, which is fine by me.

Day 32, here I come!

yes kayjay, come on over to the april gang! I've segued over there too. btw I've been meaning to thank you for inspiring me to keep going formally - it's actually only in the last couple of days that I too am starting to notice things changing.. REALLY interested to follow where this takes me now! your own progress is SO encouraging! and my goodness so is yours Diane! bravo!

Hello all! At the end of my Whole30, I feel amazing! I lost 8 pounds and 5.5% of my body fat!! Overall, I didn't lose a large number of inches, but my body composition is shifting( in a good way!) My sleep has vastly improved, my energy levels have increased, I'm recovering faster from my workouts, and asthma symptoms have dramatically lessened. After a week off for Spring Break and a trip to New Orleans, , I plan to start another Whole30 April 8th so I can do the proper reintroduction afterwards. I love it! How did everyone else do?

Archived