I'm on Day 5, and it's been going swimmingly thus far.

I look in the mirror, and I see that I'm losing fat around the face/stomach/back.

And I feel freaking sexy.

And then I think, wow, it would be great to step on a scale and see how many kilos I've lost...

Is there any Whole30 advice about mirrors? Should we avoid them? Use them in moderation? Obviously they're needed for some things (shaving in the morning, etc.), but should we limit it to the bare necessities? Does spending too much time in front of the mirror put too much emphasis on the superficial aspects of the Whole30, much like weighing yourself would?

/TLDR

Mirrors - good or bad?

• Moderators

When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly

I pay to the beat, walking on the street with in my new lafreak, yeah

This is how I roll, animal print, pants out control,

It's real fool with the big F O

They like bruce lee rock at the club

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

I work out

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

I work out

When I walk in the spot, this is what I see

Everybody stops and they staring at me

I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it

(show it, show it, show it...)

I'm sexy and I know it

I'm sexy and I know it

When I'm at the moss, purity just can't fight them up

When I'm at the beach, I'm in a speedo trying to tan my cheeks

This is how I roll, come on ladies it's time to go

We hit it to the bar, baby don't be nervous

No shows, no shirt, and I still get serviced

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

I work out

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

I work out

When I walk in the spot, this is what I see

Everybody stops and they staring at me

I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it

(show it, show it, show it...)

I'm sexy and I know it

I'm sexy and I know it

Check it out

Check it out

Check it out

I'm sexy and I know it

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

I work out

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

Girl look at that body

I work out

Lyrics from http://www.elyrics.net

So Tom?

Should we sing that song every time we look in the mirror???... Positive reinforcement or delusions of grandeur.... Lol.

As long as we are being silly.... Would having delusions of granger be fantasies of being a farm hand???

Delusions of Grainger.... Fantasys of having one of everything from the electricians catalog?

Feel free to add on.....

So Tom?

Should we sing that song every time we look in the mirror???... Positive reinforcement or delusions of grandeur.... Lol.

As long as we are being silly.... Would having delusions of granger be fantasies of being a farm hand???

Delusions of Grainger.... Fantasys of having one of everything from the electricians catalog?

Feel free to add on.....

Delusions of ginger (okay..I am bad at this stuff) fantasy of trying every sushi restaurant in San Francisco.

Tom, I would like to request that you post a video of you dancing to that song, in front of a mirror. (speedo not reauired) Pretty please with an avocado on top?

Casey, I think it is a good thing to feel svelte :) It's good positive reinforcement, as long as you don't obsess about it.

Tom, I would like to request that you post a video of you dancing to that song, in front of a mirror. (speedo not reauired) Pretty please with an avocado on top?

Casey, I think it is a good thing to feel svelte :) It's good positive reinforcement, as long as you don't obsess about it.

Yes to all of that, especially to the Tom video (and possible YouTube channel?) :lol:

:D :D :D Once I find a tissue to dry these tears of laughter and wipe up the coffee I've snorted over my laptop, I'm sure it's not good for it (laughing at Tom not you Casey) You actually bring up a really valid point. As you will have gathered from Tom's ahem *post* there's absolutely nothing wrong with looking in a mirror and going *Wowser!* Some people do get to the stage of looking in the mirror several times a day and agonising over whether or not they look a fraction slimmer or have they bloated, does their stomach actually look a bit bigger etc. This is where it becomes destructive behaviour, best avoided.

You say it would be great to jump on a scale and see how many kilos you've lost (not that you're going to, of course :)) but if you had, and they didn't show a loss, or didn't show as much as you expected, would you still feel as good. Personally I think the mirror gives a far truer picture of you than an arbitrary number on a scale. Meanwhile, as Tom says, 'Check it out', 'Look at that body'! High fives and way to go! Oh and thanks tom and everyone for giving me such a good laugh to wake up to :D

Ok ok ..... Yes I'm guilty damn it all.... I have been known to just rip off my shirt and admire the six pack! " Look my obliques are really popping! Wow I can see my third intercostal muscle!"

My wife's like: " put your shirt back on, your freakin me out" LOL

HEY ... Tom is not that far from me..... Well 10 hr drive, but if he's game I'll drive do a you tube " we're sex and i know it " dance video with him! Any more takers???? Just think of the great publicity for W30! ( they'll shut this site down and hide in shame) LMAO

I never tire of jokes, but Tom wins so I'm not even gonna try.

For this go round of whole30, in addition to only weighing in on days 0&31, I also banned myself from snapping selfies as well as trying on my summer shorts for size comparisons. I still look (and admire) in the mirror when I'm changing clothes but a big part of what I need out of this is less body obsession and more nutritious food, so I set my program up with boundaries.

Thanks for the laughs everyone!

Ok ok ..... Yes I'm guilty damn it all.... I have been known to just rip off my shirt and admire the six pack! " Look my obliques are really popping! Wow I can see my third intercostal muscle!"

My wife's like: " put your shirt back on, your freakin me out" LOL

HEY ... Tom is not that far from me..... Well 10 hr drive, but if he's game I'll drive do a you tube " we're sex and i know it " dance video with him! Any more takers???? Just think of the great publicity for W30! ( they'll shut this site down and hide in shame) LMAO

Oh please do this. Pleeeeze. I see a flash mob.

• Moderators

I watch myself carefully in the mirror for at least 2 minutes every day. My foot sticks to my leg just after a shower, but slips when I am completely dry, so I stand in tree pose as soon as I finish combing my hair. One minute on my left foot and then one minute on my right. I've gained a little weight over the past 5 weeks as I've been recovering from a hernia and haven't been able to exercise, but... :).... I'm sexy and I know it

Archived