Grass fed, corn finished beef

LibLady

I can afford some if it really is better. I'm from a town of 328 and have to drive 30 miles to get anything so finding that source was great. Most stuff has to come from Walmart though and our Bountiful Baskets for some extra fruit and veg.

I can afford some if it really is better. I'm from a town of 328 and have to drive 30 miles to get anything so finding that source was great. Most stuff has to come from Walmart though and our Bountiful Baskets for some extra fruit and veg.

I see you are in WY. I'm in supersmalltown MT. Same sitch except I drive 45 miles to a Smith's grocery store. I'm one of those super creative w30'ers LOL

We have a lot of big ranches around. I sometimes get produce from friends, but the nearest farmer's market is 30 miles away on a work day. The beef I found is hormone free and otherwise perfect except for the corn finishing.

I would say it is probably better than what is at Walmart, but only because it is processed locally and not sourced from some massive producer. Most conventional beef is grass fed to start and then finished with corn or other grains. I like how Mark Sisson puts it on http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-differences-between-grass-fed-beef-and-grain-fed-beef/#axzz2MMZvQwfO

As Mark puts it, what tastes better?

Archived