How to rid my recipes of the oil after-taste?

Monique Bouffard

So day 21 is here, and I have to say I feel pretty darn good. Except for the greasy after-taste half of the time after meals. I was a low-fat eater, probably to an extreme, and I can't get used to feeling or tasing it now after sauteing vegetables or in ground meat. Ghee isn't as bad as coconut or macadamia nut oil seem to be, but since dairy definitely seems to make me worse I've cut that too. So I can wet saute everything and just cook non-stick, but then how do I get the fat I'm supposed to get? Yeah, tried nuts that that was a bad scene since I can never stop at just a handful! Open to any and all suggestions!

First..ghee is not considered dairy. All milk solids are removed. Now, I don't know if 100% are removed so you might want to google that if you are super sensitive to them.

Avocados are a good fat source. It almost sounds like you have a fat phobia. Hopefully that will go away in time and you will revel in it like a lot of us do. :)

Sip lemon water with your meals to cut thgroup and brush your teeth after to clean your whole mouth. Is it really such a bad feeling in your mouth or is your mind making a last ditch effort to get you back to your old low-fat ways?

Great thought on the lemon water. What's colonut mana? Funny story - so I had a piece of Trident to kill that flavor after lunch at work, and before I knew it I was putting a second piece in my mouth and almost LICKED THE WRAPPER! Talk about sugar dragon. I had an apple after the meeting I had was over. By the time I got home I was in an aboslute stupor, I guess from the fake sugar and apple induced sugar shock. Crazy what this diet is doing!

Depending on what you're cooking with the oil, you could add some vinegar or lemon juice to the dish to balance out the texture of the oil.

You could cook with less oil and add fat in the form of avocado like Susan recommends; or even homemade mayonnaise (my new mad passion).

I haven't gotten into the grassfed meats yet (that is still to come in my eating plan) but I understand that if you are eating grassfed meats you do not have to trim the fat (and add other fats to make up for the trimming). That might be a different texture for you.

You could experiment with different amounts of oil too. Maybe you could sautee with a bit less (adding fat to the finished dish in other ways).

Hope something helps! I just ate and now I'm trying to decide if my mouth feels all greasy. Haha

You can wet sauté and then add really good quality EVO to your cooked veggies.... Has a totally different, almost buttery mouth feel. Catch is you gotta use Olive oil you would drink right out of the spoon :)

For breakfast I'm addicted to sautéing a boat load of different veggies, adding EVO and then topping with a couple of really runny eggs, then breaking the yolk and stirring it all up.... Makes a creamy " carbonara" like sauce that emulsifiers all the oil... Again, totally different mouth feel.

Then there is always pork belly!!!! I could eat a hobo's shoe cooked in rendered pork belly!!!!!

Archived