Day 1. Take a deep breath....

Julie Brockman

Decided to start whole 30. Having a mild lupus, I have decided to take the whole 30 challenge. Hoping that I can manage it a little better, and not have so much pain and inflammation in my joints. I also am a massage therapist, so promoting a better lifestyle is something I try to promote in my practice.

My friend is also joining me in the challenge, although she has already done her 1st 30, and feels great. I hope that I will get the same results.

I will however, miss gum..I quite the gum chewer...suggestions??

WIsh me luck!

Julie

Wishing you luck, not that you need it! I too am a massage therapist and have missed gum. I am using a moisturizing mouthwash just before my sessions to avoid dry mouth and bad breath. I am drinking more water but that doesn't help with me with the dry mouth and throat I get while working, especially in winter.

I love gum! I haven't missed it, much. I brush my teeth after meals and have been doing OK. I think it helps even more not to be snacking.

I tried to search for gum because I recently saw a thread about it, but gum is only three letters. Anyway, I did see a suggestion to chew mint leaves, suggestions for better mouth wash, a saltwater mouth rinse, and I have read that out breath will get better.

You might be able to treat this like any other craving and try to distract yourself for 3 to 5 minutes to see if it goes away. Come up with a plan to do something that shifts your mind and you may not want the gum after.

I wish you and your friend the best with this Whole30! Welcome and congratulations on taking this step!

Archived