amc8050's Whole 30+

Amanda Colf

I have been prepping for two weeks and am now on day 2. Feeling sluggish and tired but that could also be due to being up all night with a sick baby. I am doing this because my sugar cravings are out of control. I am a type 2 diabetic and want to make healthier life choices so I can be more active with my two daughters. I am also exculsively breastfeeding a 4 month old. I am prepared for this to be a tough journey. So far so good. I am craving fruit though and had planned to not have it for at least the first week to help get the sugar cravings under control.

• Moderators

Avoiding fruit is a good idea. Fruit strengthens sugar cravings too often. Be sure to eat plenty so that you are not hungry. Being hungry tends to make sugar cravings worse and many people do not eat enough when they start a Whole30. The meal template is your friend and will keep you on track... http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Thanks. Due to the breastfeeding I have been eating 3 meals and one mini meal. I feel like they are too large but are mostly veggies as I strive to have 1/3 protein and 2/3 veggie at every meal (plus fat of course).

Avoiding fruit is a good idea. Fruit strengthens sugar cravings too often. Be sure to eat plenty so that you are not hungry. Being hungry tends to make sugar cravings worse and many people do not eat enough when they start a Whole30. The meal template is your friend and will keep you on track... http://whole9life.co...ng-Template.pdf

Forgot to include meals so here's a catch up:

Day One:

Meal One- 2 Proscuitto Egg Cups, Broccoli, Olives

Meal Two- Organic Cold Cuts, Spinach with Balsamic, Veggie 2 (can't for the life of me remember) Cashews

Meal Three- Roasted Chicken, Roasted Butternut Squash, Green Beans

Mini Meal- Leftover Chicken, Mushroom Soup

Day Two:

Meal One- Three Proscuitto Egg Cups, Mushroom Soup, Green Beans

Meal Two- Cold cuts, Broccoli Slaw with Balsamic, Butternut Squash and Cashews

Meal Three- Salmon, Cinna-mash Sweet Potato and Sauteed Spinach and Garlic

Mini Meal- Cold cuts, Green Pepper and Cashews

Ugh! Really feeling day three. No energy, constant low grade headache and upset stomach. Just gotta keep thinking about what's on the other side. Craving raspberries like nobody's business. Don't want to give in even though it's a compliant food because I know it's just feeding my sugar dragon.

Ended up in the ER for my four month old who has pneumonia and still managed to stick to plan, thank god for chipotle.

Day Three:

Meal One- Egg Scramble with Veggies, Homemade Sausage and Butternut Squash

Meal Two- Carnitas Double Meat with Mild Salsa, Lettuce and Guacamole

Mini Meal- Leftover Chicken, Red Pepper and Olives

Day Four:

Meal One- Egg Scramble with Veggies, Mushroom Soup, Homemade Sausage

Meal Two- Leftover Chicken, Homemade Guacamole, Red Pepper and Roasted Asparagus

Meal Three-

Mini Meal-

Archived