Blood donations

GoJo09

I'll be donating whole blood next month, and wanted to be prepared with what to eat afterwards. The blood bank that we go to offers toast, juice boxes, muffins, sandwiches... None of which is even close to W30 compliant!

I'm booked in for 11am (it'll be about 12 when they finally stick the needle in), so I think that day I'll make it a 5 small meal day: meal 2 at about 10.30 and meal 3 at 1 (post-donation).

So, what shall I take with me to have at the blood bank post-donation? I'm thinking a decent amount of sweet potato, a couple of HB eggs, and vege sticks? Or is there something else that would be better (and not totally weird to eat in front of upper management from my company...)?

I know from experience that I get completely screwed up for a couple of days afterwards if I don't eat right afterwards (and drink a lot of water), and I really don't want to go down that road again!

I gave blood right around Day 15, and it went better than usual. My iron was A-OK so I didn't need to get tested twice like I usually do. And I was in and out in record time - my blood flowed way faster than usual. Who knows if that was W30 related, but it was a nice change. Afterwards I just had a big ol' jug of water and a couple of clementines, but your plan sounds better :)

Archived