Day 8 -feeling a little dizzy, a lot tingly, and kinda drugged....Is this normal?!

kristie

I've searched the forum and can't find an answer for this.

I got to day 8 fairly easily but my body has started feeling a bit...weird...the last couple of days. Today I literally feel like somebody has slipped something in my tea. I'm a bit weird and tingly all over and just feel physically...odd. I find it a little hard to focus like this. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I'm definitely eating enough and regularly enough and haven't changed exercise patterns i.e. doing very little exercise.

Is this normal? Any ideas what it's all about??

Any feedback very much appreciated!

Kristie - has your caffeine intake changed? Are you drinking enough? How's your sodium intake (do you salt your food enough)? You may want to add a pinch of salt to your water or grab a little coconut water and see if that helps. This is definitely not common, though, so if it persists you may want to check in with your doctor.

Thanks Robin!

I think I may actually have worked it out. The coffee.

I have never liked coffee. I had my first coffee a year ago at the age of 33. I can't stand the taste but recently I've started having the odd coffee (while holding my nose) to keep me awake if I am trying to work more hours or need waking up during the day. I had one this afternoon. I have probably had one the last couple of days too. I think my body is HYPER-reacting to it. I hadn't made the link but it seems to be coffee....and then a few hours of feeling totally drugged.

So coffee is completely going off the menu and I'll see if that stops it!

Having rough Day 8 as well, but I don't drink coffee. So far I've only had 1 day of "magic" that was Day 4. Is it normal to still be feeling tired--really tired--a little quesy and cranky during week 2? I have a killer Sugar Dragon whose death may be slow and painful.

kristie - for some reason, my body goes through hypersensitive periods and can't handle more than one cup a day. Bodies are weird. Glad you got it figured out!

WholeRitu - Yes, yes, yes. Totally normal. Most folks start feeling better around the end of week 2, but some folks have issues that take longer to work out.

I became even more sensitive to coffee in the early days. I think it triggers blood sugar lows when you aren't having sugar but you are not yet efficiently burning fat. Check there is enough fat in your diet too. I had quite distinct muscle fatigue when I exercised ( weird and tingly) from about day four to 16, after that I only noticed the jitters when exercising if I had had coffee that day. It was quite bizarre really.

I was the most queasy in week 2 and sleep went worse in week 2 and 3 then got better slowly.

Keep up your efforts, you will enjoy the final result!

Archived