Door to Door Organics!

Margret McDermott

I just found out about a site called door to door organics, delivery to Colorado, Kansas City, Chicago, Michigan, and the New England Tri-State area.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm very excited about it and will sign up tonight after work. A friend, who has a bakery, is a supplier and a user, recommended it.

They offer fruits and veg as well as grass-fed meats, free-range chicken, and other "local" products. The have ALL the stuff a Whole30ier could want!

Besides that, the site is gorgious and looks easy to nav.

Wow! Any chance you expand to FL? I tried our only similar resource and it was terrible. Too many IOUs for foods they didn't order enough of. The final straw was Thanksgiving week when the 4 garnet yams (I paid extra to get four, only two came in my size box) I ordered to have with Thanksgiving dinner all fit in one hand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my first order today and I must say I am really disappointed. I ordered the "small" box for my wife and I, recommended for a family of 3-4 or a two who like to eat vegetables and it is a joke. We got a sad cucumber, 5 hit tomatoes, some apples/pears, a tiny bunch of kale, $.55 worth of green onions, and two of the smallest sweet potatoes I have ever seen. What attracted to me was the "value" or the vegetables as well as the solid meat/protein options. I did order eggs and some meat which appear to be good (haven't eaten them yet). But the vegetables were really sad.

Not recommended if you are eating Whole30, since that is about enough vegetables for one day...

• 1 month later...

Got my first order today and I must say I am really disappointed. I ordered the "small" box for my wife and I, recommended for a family of 3-4 or a two who like to eat vegetables and it is a joke. We got a sad cucumber, 5 hit tomatoes, some apples/pears, a tiny bunch of kale, $.55 worth of green onions, and two of the smallest sweet potatoes I have ever seen. What attracted to me was the "value" or the vegetables as well as the solid meat/protein options. I did order eggs and some meat which appear to be good (haven't eaten them yet). But the vegetables were really sad.

Not recommended if you are eating Whole30, since that is about enough vegetables for one day...

I'm surprised that's all you got in a small box! It sounds more like a bitty box.... I was also really disappointed with my first few orders and put my account on hold for a long time, but when I started W30 I reactivated it because my fridge doesn't hold enough veggies for a full week, so the box replaces a mid-week veggie run. I find that they are getting better at specifying (small) when the produce they have is smaller than what people would typically expect. For me to get the best value, I look at the veggie only/mixed boxes each week to see what has the most things I would like, and I use substitutions very liberally; my last bitty mixed included:

1 Avocado          

2 Gala Apples

3 Red Plums, small

1 Strawberries 8.8oz

2 White Peaches, small

1 Sweet Potato (Yam) large

1 Green Kale bunch       

1 Red Bell Pepper           

2 Zucchini Squash

for $23.99, which is pretty close to what I would have paid for the same produce at Whole Foods. I added on another $15 worth of items (cauliflower, apricots, supergreens salad greens, cilantro, and baby broccoli) and that got us through the 2nd half of the week. For me, the convenience of not having to make another trip to the store is worth it!

• 1 month later...

I have thought about trying Door to Door, but I am worried about the delivery.  I work all day and live in an apartment complex.  Where would they leave the veggie box?  Could someone who uses them describe the process?  thanks in advance, I'm new....

Archived