Had half of a whole foods sausage pizza Last night!

Austin Harris

So to end my first challenge which lasted almost 2 months, and to kick off my new whole 30 challenge I decided indulge in a Pizza from whole foods (my favorite kind). So.... Nothing happened, no bloating, no break outs, nothing out of the normal. I even preformed GREAT at my cross-fit workout this morning.

I'm kinda wondering why I didn't experience any symptoms of anything?

Could it be that they use super fresh ingredients?

More info- 20 years old, decently athletic but still have about 6-7% body fat to lose.

• Moderators

If you are not especially sensitive to wheat or dairy or whatever, it is no surprise that you felt fine after eating a pizza. It would be nice if we had nasty responses every time we ate something that made us less healthy, but our bodies are usually more rugged than that. The truth is that you can eat a pizza every once in a while and probably not notice the difference it makes. However, that does not mean pizza makes you more healthy. It does extract a toll.

The question I ask myself is what foods that make me more healthy do I want to give up so I can eat something that makes me less healthy. I do eat sugar and gluten every once in a while and I rarely suffer for it. But I know how much better I felt and performed after my first Whole30. I am not interested in going back to how it was before and I know if I eat off plan very often, I will.

Plus I feel that pizza once in a while( if not sensitive) wont kill you, but when you get into the mindset of " hey that was ok" it starts becoming pizza and beer.... Pizza, beer, and ice cream.... Then once a week... Then once every couple of days because its just easier

I know I my past this was true, and my performance dropped, I started feeling less well, started feeling down right lousy..... Downward spiral

Just weigh the cost vs enjoyment factor.... I won't eat anything with soy because even though I don't have an immediate reaction, the next few days my joint ache and I feel inflamed for days....

You are very fortunate to be on the path at your age.... Think of W30 lifestyle like a 401k plan.... Save wear and tear on your body now, and you will retire " rich" in health!!!!

Not to be the Negative Nelly here- but it may take a few days for some of those symptoms to crop up- or so I've heard

If you really did eat half a pizza and have no apparent I'll effects, then let me just say sir, I hate you ;)

Thanks.

Since August I can count on 1 hand the "cheats" or "treats" I've had. I enjoy the challenge of trying to stick to a paleo life style. Pizza for me is one of those things I LOVE and every couple months I probably will indulge in.

I really want to indulge in a box of hot krispy kreme donuts and have been wanting to for a long time! Im just scared of what all that sugar will do to me! I find that good quality pizza is an easier cheat for me.

Not to be the Negative Nelly here- but it may take a few days for some of those symptoms to crop up- or so I've heard

If you really did eat half a pizza and have no apparent I'll effects, then let me just say sir, I hate you ;)

So far, I actually feel a little better than I have recently. Maybe tomorrow Ill wake up and have symptoms... But I dont think Im going to. =)

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a Krispy Kreme fix once in awhile. But *not* the whole box! :)

Once I finish my W30 and Reintroduction I think I'd like to have a piece of pizza once a month as a very special treat.

Archived