w30 is curing my cancer

Littlepeanut

Tuesday was the end of my w30:... And for me the journey doesn't stop there...

I'm 29 years old and i have cancer. Along with that- i have Celiac so i have been battling the past year and a half with food until my doctor and I really needed to try something new.

My white blood cell count was low- Really low. Scary low. I've been on chemo since October and had tried everything I could to keep up my energy, my nutrition and my overall spirit. There's nothing worse then people telling you "oh you're young!" when you fight 2 diseases at the same time and you can barely get out of bed you feel weak, old and crippled. Everyday was a war with myself and the tireless efforts I go through just to put a smile on my face that things were ok. They weren't. I fluctuated weight, fought depression and barely made it through everyday without crying.... Until W30.

30 days ago i made the decision to fight. I was going to change everything I knew about food and "reset" myself. I read ISWF and was instantly motivated by the book and a friend who was also already 2 weeks into her W30. I did my grocery shopping, started plannning and pre-making meals and using food as my medicine. I went through ALL the horrible symptoms as your body shifts back to neutral. Headaches, mood swings, irregular sleep patterns, hunger pains, sugar dragon cravings: you name it! Until one day, mu body hit the switch. It was like night and day! No really, i went to bed one night: the next morning POOF! W30 magic!! I had never felt so AMAZING.... I started sleeping better and all through the night. Cravings stopped, hunger pains between meals subsided and I could run marathons with the new found non-caffeinated energy i had.... All of it i still have today.

30 days (and stil going!!) later... Here I am. I stepped on the scale (i had hidden it the day i started to rid myself of the temptation to "weigh in") and I am down 12lbs!!! I checked in with my doctor: in 30 days, my blood cell count is UP.. By almost 10,000!!!!!! That's a huge increase in a short time!! I have been awakened!!! Never in my life have I felt so energized and refreshed!! I don't feel like I have cancer. I don't feel the struggle to find celiac compliant food. I enjoy the natural taste of the food God provided in the first place!!!

I only have one life, one body... And it needs to be taken care of and W30 has done that for me. My doctor gave me the best piece of news I've had in over a year... If i continue with w30 LIVING... My results could triple in the coming months and in doing so... I could potentially elimiante the need for chemo and just keep my medicine as simple as what i eat.

Thank you W30!!!!! I owe you my life!!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic story, thank you for posting it. I can really relate to this because allthough I'd finished my chemo I was still on a years course of herceptin for cancer when I started the W30. I'm not cealiac but I have a severe gluten intolerance and I have M.E. which I still struggle with. W30 definitely helped. At my final visit to my oncologist last October (I'd been W30 for 51 days) she thought I'd never looked better. I'm so, so pleased you've had such excellent results. I wish you all the very best in your continuing healthy life

Wow littlepeanut. How much of a whingey little kid do I feel like now for being frustrated cos 'I can't eat my oats for breakfast anymore...boohoo'!

What an amazing journey you are on and what an incredible inspiration you are. And I think your story is all I need to hear to wipe any doubts from my mind about this shift in direction for my food and nutrition.

Thank you soooo much for sharing and do keep us updated on how you're going!

K

xx

• Moderators

I'm wiping tears from my eyes. Your story brings so many people from my life to mind. A girlfriend from long ago who died at age 35. She changed her diet as part of her fight with cancer, but her's was a macrobiotic, soy oriented approach that had her drinking miso soup for breakfast and eating lots of tofu at supper. I wonder if Cindy would have survived if we had understood the Paleo approach back then and the healing value of eating red meat and veggies. And one of my best friends is fighting cancer today. He and his wife have watched my transformation over the past 3 years, but neither of them are at all interested in changing the SAD way they eat. I've watched my friend shrink to a shell of his former self, but he won't adopt meat and veggies with me and keeps eating pancakes and syrup instead. And those nasty shakes they sell at pharmacies to provide chemical nutrition to people who don't eat.

I hope you inspire many more people to follow your path.

Congratulations to you! I think one of the most important things we can do when chronically ill is take control of what we can. It is empowering to know that your diet can unlock so many possibilities, and you get to reap the benefits. I wish you much continued success and improvement.

Your post has made my day. Congratulations! W30 is a life-changer and I wish you continued success on your journey to good health. Thank you for sharing and please keep posting. I can't wait to read more of your story. :) Lisa

Thank you everyone!! The support I get in my surrounding life has been truly amazing and I cannot explain how uplifting it is that strangers can come together and share success and obstacles with one common denominator... FOOD! :)

I really hope that this decision I made to eat the way I am SUPPOSED to (not what the media and commercials TELL us)... it's been a complete 180* flip!! I have another check up in 2 weeks (45 days into W30) so I will hopefully have even more good news!! It's been good so far- hahahaha!!

I am glad you are all touched by my story, but we all have a story to tell about how we got onto W30 and how it's changed our lives... was no exception. I hope your own story can inspire someone you know to join this amazing community we have where we are joined together by our spoons and not our belly fat! haha

I think I was a bigtskeptic (mainly because all other "diets" didn't work so why should this one??) but Dallas and Melissa hit so many topics that I think we can ALL relate you in one way or another. It doesn't matter if you have cancer, or gluten intolerance or diabetes.... why can't food be good for you AND delicious?! :) I say YAY, it can! lol

Thank you all again SO much for your support!! I can't wait to read more success stories on the community boards and get my own motivation going by being inspired by others!!!

Cheers to W30 and a new life!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!!

Just to keep people posted about my post- checkup. Today was Day 45 and my overall "Check in" with my doctor to see how my cancer/celiac was responding.... the results are in and they are GOOD!!!

My blood levels are actually NORMAL... my Red Blood Count, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit... ALL OF IT!! NORMAL!!

My total WBC is still about high, but it's better then it was before!!!!!! I fluctuated with a very low white blood count for this past year and a half (between 1-3,000) and now it is at 12,000.... hoooolllly crap. AND! On my ultrasound, the tumors located on my cervix (from cancer in previous years, they are benign but still a pain)... have reduced in size to less then 1mm.... and that is with NO radiation treatments or surgery!!! I don't know if it's a combination of W30 and a higher presence but I'm excited about these results!! LOL

I have in total lost 15lbs in these 45 days by following the template of W30 and revisiting the book ISWF when I feel I need reminding as to why I do this. I have another follow-up in 15 days ending my W60 challenge and onto Whole Life! :) Hopefully at the end of the next check up, we can change my chemo days from 2 to 1 or eliminate it altogether!!

Thank you to everyone for continued support!! I love reading everyone's success stories on the boards for inspiration! :)

Have a sparkly day and blessed moments!!!!

Your story has helped me put my life in perspective. So I will bookmark this page and return to it whenever I feel overwhelmed by the everyday minuscule crap that I convince myself is so important in the scheme of things. After I replace my soggy Kleenex, that is.

Thank you all for the continued support! I cannot tell you how much it means to me!! Not even just for cancer, but for results of W30. What a great community to belong to, isn't it?!!?!

People empowering people! FINALLY... hahaa!!

Have a great rest of your week everyone and I will keep posting as I get more information on how I am doing!!

Blessings!

OMG! This is amazing! I sight here reading the story out loud to my hubby and we are just blown away! I have chill bumbs everywhere! What a great w30 story. I hope you don't mind but I shared your story on my FB page. If your experience can reach just 1 person out there, that's enough! :)

OMG! This is amazing! I sight here reading the story out loud to my hubby and we are just blown away! I have chill bumbs everywhere! What a great w30 story. I hope you don't mind but I shared your story on my FB page. If your experience can reach just 1 person out there, that's enough! :)

Use whatever ya want darlin! I don't mind at all... I want people to know that here are things that work and pushing passed fear and doubt of things that HAVEN'T worked and do something that is REAL.... lol..

and with an amazing group of people to help support your-- it's no fail!!!

Archived