w30 is curing my cancer

Littlepeanut

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Littlepeanut.. How are you? I've followed your story and you are amazing. I hope that you will be posting more frequently; I am very interested n your journey.

My boyfriend Steve was admitted to the hospital on August 6 for several days of chemotherapy (then a few days of other drugs). The big day was August 13th, 2014 when he received a stem cell transplant, the only potential cure for his disease. He had myelofibrosis, a rare bone marrow disorder. He is still in the hospital and is fighting graft vs. host disease. His skin, eyes and intestinal tract took a vicious beating. Steve has lost almost 30 pounds - weight that he could not afford to drop. if you have any advice for me or my man, I could use some words of wisdom.

Thanks so much for inspiring all of us.

Laurie, as far as your boyfriend, i am sending lots of love and huggles mate. Any severe illness/disease affects us all, even loved ones. Best advice, be strong and accept that it's ok when you aren't or can't be. As far as for him, whatever he can stomach to eag, let him eat it! Obviously strived for healtheir choices, but at one point... I would've given my left arm to eat something i didn't throw up later or didn't taste like the bottom sode of a car. Even doing a whole30 was really hard but i made sure i always ate and had extra food (in case i never held it down). I would definitely meet with a nutrtionist who might specialize in weight gain and work out something safe for him to try... Possibly when he gets out? Feel free to message me, maybe we can hash out some ideas but since i'm not a docotr, not sure how my advice might pan out LOL.

For me, i am well. I finished a very long long looonnggggg time on chemo july 3rd and have been recooperating ever since. I have put on about 35lbs because of all the drugs leaving my system but that won't last long, believe me. Lol i am back to my w30 community and plan to kick ace. Be sure to look for my new thread when i start one :)

I've missed you all SO much!

Cheers mates!

Little Peanut, you are an inspiration.

Out of curiousity....did you eliminate sugar completely during your recovery process...as you would during your Whole 30's?

Hi!! Yes for the most part i did away with eating sugar but sadly towards the end... I couldn't taste food so i went to eating anything i could taste and it was mostly sweet foods (yogurt, ice cream, applesauce, etc)... I did eat a TON of fruit but even some of that tasted awful like metal :/

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been on this site for a while, and it's been over a year since my last Whole30.  I am starting another one on Monday and figured I'd peruse the success stories for inspiration as I'm scared to death of giving up the SAD foods I've held so closely this last year.  You have inspired me in a way no words can express.  I know your post is an older one, but I just wanted you to know you're still reaching people with your experience and offering hope to others.  I may not be battling cancer, but all battles are hard when they keep you from living the life you're supposed to, so in a way, we're all fighting the same fight.  Thanks for reminding me that I'm stronger than I think I am, and I will win in the end. 

I haven't been on this site for a while, and it's been over a year since my last Whole30.  I am starting another one on Monday and figured I'd peruse the success stories for inspiration as I'm scared to death of giving up the SAD foods I've held so closely this last year.  You have inspired me in a way no words can express.  I know your post is an older one, but I just wanted you to know you're still reaching people with your experience and offering hope to others.  I may not be battling cancer, but all battles are hard when they keep you from living the life you're supposed to, so in a way, we're all fighting the same fight.  Thanks for reminding me that I'm stronger than I think I am, and I will win in the end.

By the way, I was drawn to your post in the first place because Little Peanut was my nickname growing up :).  I find it ironic that peanuts are not Whole30 approved but I WILL BE ;)!

Peanut was given to me as a nickname by a lovely couple I kmew growing up who owned a shop above my parents business. It sort of stuck. Little still being that i am 31 and not even 5'0" lol. I'm so glad my story inspired you as well as others. It gives me an amazing amount of pride. I know i will constantly be fighting my life against the diseased powers that be, but why fight fire with fire?? i like the fight fire with food approach... It cooks my meals perfect enough to eat! Lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if you are going to see this but I'm so happy for you! I have chronic lymphocytic leukemia, and I have also decided to fight back with food, my form of cancer has no cure, and I'll will have to live with it for my whole life. I am trying to stay away from chemo (not a first run treatment with this cancer), and keeping myself healthy is the best chance I have. I hope all is well with you. Thank you for the inspiration

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I just read through this whole thread, and you have inspired me so much.  I have played around with paleo/whole 30 for several years, but never fully committed.  After reading your story I am blown away by the power of healing whole foods.  I want to give Whole 30 a try for my severe fatigue and pain I have been experiencing.

How are your doing now Littlepeanut?

Archived