Pescatarian - Starting March 4th

JenniAshlee

Hi! I am a pescatarian -- I tried going Paleo a few months ago with a major FAIL -- I wasn't prepared and honestly wasn't committed, so now I'm getting prepared and am as committed as ever with my wedding coming up June 1 -- my plan is to do a Whole 30 Whole 40 starting March 4th, then take a few days off (bridal shower, etc.) then hop back on for another round - this time a Whole 30. Take another break for another long weekend (shower/bachelorette) then hop back on the wagon for 10 days. Obviously on 'breaks' my focus will be on small indulgences while still maintaining some general Whole30/Paleo principles.

My questions are as follows...

1. I am a pescatarian, and really like a lot of fish dishes -- do you think the best approach would be to follow the normal Whole30 or add in the vegetarian options - such as tempeh? Which ones would you/would you not add if you were going to add some additional options in?

2. Does this approach sound good -- the 40 days/then 30/then 10 right before the wedding?

3. Has anyone else done some juice during the Whole30 - vegetable based? How did that effect results (pos/neg?)

As a point of reference, I am athletic, workout 5x's/week, and am 5'8"/155lbs.

Yes! The 40/30/10 methods sounds great! After the first 30 (or 40) days, you technically could ride your own bike after that, but making the commitment to yourself to keep you focused sounds like a great plan! It's your wedding season! Enjoy it! Hopefully you only get one! ;)

If you eat fish and eggs, I don't think you need to dip into the veggie guidelines. As long as you're getting protein of one form or another with each meal, you'll be fine!

• Moderators

I don't know if you get everything you need from fish. If you can, I would say omit the soy products that we allow to vegetarians. If you will eat eggs, that would help. There is some very important nutrition in egg yolks. You might want to add a B-Complex supplement for good measure.

Your sequencing plan sounds good. I like that you want to enjoy some eating and drinking traditions around your wedding.

I was writing when Renee posted. What she said.

Thanks guys - great info/help. I am going to try it without the additional veggie allotments (Tempeh & the like). I LOVE eggs and am pretty adventurous with seafood.

I am oddly looking forward to not having to think quite as much about food and decisions...anyone else have that feeling?

Thanks for the support...taking my before photos this weekend + doing meal preps on Sunday!

And yes - only ONE wedding and want to feel and look my best -- hoping the Whole30 helps to clear up some ongoing stomach issues too!

Thanks guys - great info/help. I am going to try it without the additional veggie allotments (Tempeh & the like). I LOVE eggs and am pretty adventurous with seafood.

I am oddly looking forward to not having to think quite as much about food and decisions...anyone else have that feeling?

Thanks for the support...taking my before photos this weekend + doing meal preps on Sunday!

And yes - only ONE wedding and want to feel and look my best -- hoping the Whole30 helps to clear up some ongoing stomach issues too!

Yes, sometimes I have a feeling of freedom when my choices are narrowed in some way. In our modern lives we have an amazing amount of choices, more than people ever have had and it can feel overwhelming.

Archived