Day 2 of Reintroduction at a Thai Restaurant

mountainjillian

Hi all!

Today is the last day of my Whole 30 (HOORAY!!!!) and just in time for my friend's birthday party which will be at a thai restaurant on day 2 of my reintroduction phase. Any suggestions for what to chose to reintegrate so I can enjoy my first meal out in a month? Obviously I want to take advantage of my reintro phase to detect food intolerances. I understand a thai restaurant can get tricky fast with sauces, soy, thickening agents, etc. What have you ordered at thai restaurants? I'd like to avoid to bringing a bunch of stuff from home to add to my meal, but will if I have to. Thanks for your thoughts!!!

I always order something off the grill or salad menu, so crying tiger or grilled fish etc, and some plain stir fried vegs alongside. I also love papaya salad. I've grilled the staff at my local Thai and they taste great... ok bad joke :P. I've grilled them about these menu items and aside from the oil they use and a bit of sugar in the sauces/dressings they're ok. But of course every Thai restaurant is different, you'll have to ask the staff. But in general, order stuff where you can see most of what's in it, i.e. grilled food, salads etc, I'd avoid curries and saucy dishes and the like cos who knows what's lurking in there!

The Thai place that I frequent has a combo of Chicken Wings and Payapa Salad--I just order the wings without the sauce (they are baked crispy but with no breading). And the payapa salad is yum. Or you might be able to try a stirfry, but check first about the oil they use.

Archived