Suggestions for allowable nuts

I have a huge and pending question! My parents and I are on Day 19 of our Whole30 and have followed the rules to a T! I studied and researched so much before we started, to ensure that we didn't have any compliant issues! If so, I knew I could come here and ask questions! Well, my question is.... Do nuts have naturally occurring sugars? I read that they do! The few nuts that my parents eat are Raw Cashews! There is only one ingredient on the sealed bag from Fresh and Easy and that is "Cashews" and that is all! But I see now that it says 2 grams of sugar on the nutrition facts?! After reading hundreds of labels and doing weeks and months of research to ensure my families success on this program... Have I overlooked something that has, in fact,

ruined all of our hard work?! :-/

Do you have a whole foods you can go to? They have all kinds of nuts that are just nuts. Better price when you buy bulk too.

Thanks! I drove an hour to Whole Foods today to stock up a few Whole 30 compliant things and it included raw cashews and raw macadamia nuts! Yum!

Thanks! I drove an hour to Whole Foods today to stock up a few Whole 30 compliant things and it included raw cashews and raw macadamia nuts! Yum!

Oh good. I was afraid you were going to say you drove all that way and they didn't carry them. :) I voted nuts off of my island long ago but I see a big variety there.

Here I go again on this topic! So, I have been cooking and preparing all of the meals for my parents and I! Our deal... They buy it, I prepare it! So, we are on Day 24 of our Whole30! The last two days however, I had a photo shoot, so I made sure they had dinners and breakfasts already made! When I arrived at my house late last night however... I saw a big container of mixed nuts, which I know is ok in moderation, but.... My father had purchased nuts that were cooked in peanut/cottonseed/ crappy oils etc.... A feeling of sadness just came over me because usually, my dad had always read labels, and I told them it was necessary, especially during our Whole30! Why oh why didn't he read the label this time?! Anywho... I know that on top of eating the nuts in their improper state... My folks ate a few two many, but this was the only non-compliant food they have put in their system this entire time! So... Once again... Is this a fail?

Hey, don't beat yourselves up, 24 days is an awesome achievement! They will have achieved major health benefits/ reduction in inflammation. If it was just seed oils they would probably be okay but peanut and soy are supposed to cause major disruption and inflammation in the digestive system that even if not visible can take a few weeks for the body to overcome... So realistically it probably signals the end for them unless they are keen to start a new one. Bummer!

Archived