kayell

Day 26

Meal 1

ground beef, tomatoes, onion, curry spices, extra turmeric, coconut milk

coffee w coconut milk

cherries

Meal 2

b
ig salad - spring mix, arugula, radicchio, tuna, olives, avocado, tomato, cucumbers, onion, evoo, balsamic

purple sweet potatoes w ghee

Resistance

Pushups, buffet - 3x12 deeper

Squats - 3x12 getting deeper

One arm rows, 15 lbs - 3x12 Lowering for 3 seconds

Overhead press 8 lbs - 3x9

Meal 3

big salad - spring mix, arugula, radicchio, tuna, olives, tomato, cucumbers, onion, evoo, balsamic

purple sweet potatoes w ghee

chai w coconut milk and turmeric

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 27

Now I know why I've been craving sweet potatoes so much and feeling irritable the last few days. After 4+ months of totally no period and happily assuming I'd achieved menopause, the dang thing shows up again. Bah. And to add insult to injury, I get a fine round of sweaty, clammy hot flashes this morning. Stupid hormones.

Meal 1

3 egg custard like thing w kimchi, sesame seeds, sesame oil and hot pepper flakes

broccoli w evoo, garlic and lemon

sweet potato w ghee

coffee w coconut milk

Terrible awful day was terrible and awful. I didn't eat off plan foods, but I didn't actually eat real meals either. Foods eaten included roast beef, kimchi, sauerkraut, cherries, sweet potatoes w ghee, chai w coconut milk. UGH Must get act together tomorrow.

Day 28

Meal 1

Scrambled eggs cooked in ghee with onion, broccoli, garlic, diced roast beef (it's clean out the fridge before the trip time)

coffee w coconut milk

Discovered 2" of water in basement. #@$@#%$^#$ Ate some roast beef and sauerkraut somewhere in there.

Meal 2 (3?)

Pho takeout, extra meat, extra veg, no noodles. Skipped the bean sprouts, hoisin, sriracha. Shop doesn't use MSG

Massive headache. STRESS

Days 29 & 30

I won't probably post anything for these days, although I will stay on track with foods and ingredients. As you can imagine, the water problem and accompanying chaos of workmen all over etc. etc. is totally wreaking havoc around here. To further complicate life, I'm getting on a plane at Dulles tomorrow early to go the New Mexico to see my new grandson, so all the packing etc that goes with that. I have food plans through tomorrow night to stay W30.

I'll be starting a new W30 when I get back and really working on meal planning, size, timing, portions of meat/veg, relaxed atmosphere etc. This is an area I think I've been especially weak on. I don't know if I'll weigh or not before then, but going by lots of other things, I'm better off than 28 days ago. I didn't expect miracles in 30 days, and didn't get miracles but I've gained a lot of mood stability, healthier looking skin, firmer jaw line, better blood sugar and hunger control (much, much better). I'm stronger. Those are a big deal and they are progressive changes. I'm looking at this as a long term way of living change.

See you all on August 4th.

Archived