wax orchards oh fudge sauce

Blythe

Hello- Im on day 5! Feel GREAT today:) I found this awesome fudge sauce with the ingredients: unsweeted pineapple juice concentrate, pear juice concentrate,dutch cocoa, natural vanilla.....can I have a little in my coffee or over strawberries???

Sorry Blythe, this is so not in the spirit of a W30. On a W30, as well as eating the healthiest foods possible, we're also trying to develop a new relationship with food. This simply is fudge sauce. It is nothing more than a sweetener or a dessert. It won't contribute anything and certainly won't help form a healthier attitude to food. I know the guidlines say food containing a small amount of fruit juice as sweetener are allowed but a *food* that is practically just flavoured juice concentrate doesn't fall into this category at all.

Sticking to the meal planning template http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf will give you the best possible results on your W30 - good luck

Kirsteen has it. One of the most positive parts of my first Whole30 was learning to break the mental desire for things like fudge sauce. Don't underestimate the amazing way your mind and body will respond by the end of your whole30 if you truly stay away from all "compliant" treats. The mental part has changed my life. I'm now on my second whole30 to try and continue to develop better habits and mental/emotional relationship with food.

Thank you so much ladies! I needed to hear that....I like how you put that it wouldn't "contribute" anything, I need to keep in mind that I am fueling my body and not treating my emotions! I am very thankful for yall's response and encouragement!!! I am looking forward to the mental/emotional changes with food as wel.

Archived