I was going to start complaining......

amnfive

then decided to just suck it up. I made it to day 12 and simply had enough of meat, veggies and frankly I truly missed my dairy. But here's the thing: I found that I was thinking about food ALL THE TIME, and not in a good way. I would end one meal and be thinking about every aspect of my next meal: the prep time, will my kids eat it, should I have fruit afterwards, etc. I've spent hours on websites, printing recipes, doing my research, etc. You get the idea.

Today is a new day and spring is almost here in Maine (well, sort of!). I loved how I felt on W30, it's simply too good to give up. Here's to a fresh start...My advice to myself (any maybe to others too): just relax and focus on the other aspects of W30: exercise, mental health, stress relief. I think that is going to be the key for me this time.

Anyway, these are my thoughts early in the morning while I get ready to get 4 boys ready for school and me ready to work. Monday, here I come......

I finished my first Whole30 on willpower alone. All I could think about was the food I couldn't have, and what I would eat first when it was over. I clearly approached it from a position of deprivation, not abundance. But when it was over, and I found that none of those foods were as satisfying as I remembered, and I realized how much better I felt while on it, I started another Whole30 two months later and did much better. It was all in my mindset. Now instead of obsessing over "the rules", I relax and enjoy the healing qualities of the foods I choose to put in my body. Even the preparation, which at times felt burdensome, can be therapeutic. I am now on Day 64 of a Whole100 (some of us take longer to learn lessons than others) and can't imagine going back to my old ways. There's nothing I miss enough to be worth giving up sound sleep, an absence of arthritis pain, tons of energy, and lack of mood swings.

Archived